Sales Manager 2 Phones Western Mountain Pacific
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Posting Date Jun 13, 2022
Job Number 22097566
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Western Mountain Pacific Sales, 1255 Treat Blvd Suite 800,
Walnut Creek, California, United States
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with
more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to
grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups (e.g., Full
Service and MSB, 10-99 peak room nights) within predefined Group
Sales parameters. Works with customers to align customer
preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business
opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by
delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other
related booking documentation as required. Demonstrates excellent
selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed
understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and
CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience :Required:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
related major; no work experience required.
- 2 years experience selling group business, either at a property
or in a sales office.
- Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B).
- Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to
close a sale.
- Team-based selling experience.
- Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESManaging Sales Activities
- Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g.,
Full Service and MSB, 10-99 peak room nights)
- Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering
opportunities that are within predefined Group Sales parameters.
- Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business
is outside these parameters.
- Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand
needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize
revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for quality service delivery.
- Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence
throughout each customer experience.
- Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication
skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food
and beverage, and planning.
- Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area
Sales, on-property resources) to verify sales efforts are
coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors' strengths
and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market
conditions and individual property needs.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business
booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer
- Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to
property in accordance with brand standards.
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing
initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Effectively leverages other Group Sales resources and
administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related
- Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and
other related booking documentation as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Established coordinated sales efforts that are complementary
and not duplicative.
- Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service
throughout the sales process.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and
recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new
customers to enable future bookings.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key
internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties
throughout the sales process.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the
- Brings issues to the attention of Property and Group Sales
leadership teams as appropriate.
Colorado Applicants Only: The hourly pay range for this position is
$21.76 to $41.49 and offers health care benefits, flexible spending
accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave
where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life
and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation.
Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally
applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other
requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International
considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Walnut Creek , Sales Manager 2 Phones Western Mountain Pacific, Sales , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!