Account Executive/Underwriter, Construction
Company: Travelers Canada
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Account Executive/Underwriter, Construction page is loaded
Account Executive/Underwriter, Construction Apply remote type
Hybrid locations CA - Walnut Creek CA - San Francisco time type
Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R-28542
Who Are We? Taking care of our customers, our communities and each
other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment,
we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property
casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to
discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on
collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job
Category UnderwritingCompensation OverviewThe annual base salary
range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and
represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the
country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by
a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location
of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As
part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program,
employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive
awards.Salary Range$81,500.00 - $134,500.00 Target Openings 1 What
Is the Opportunity? Construction provides a full suite of insurance
solutions suited to construction contractors of all sizes,
including General Liability, Property, Marine, Automobile, Workers'
Compensation, Umbrella, and more. The Account Executive (AE),
Construction will partner with agents and brokers to provide
coverage for new and renewal business based on customers' needs. As
an AE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and know how to build
relationships internally and externally to drive results. Your
ability to assess risk and sell our products will contribute to the
profitability and success of Travelers.What Will You Do?
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned
book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate customer accounts to
minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners
within the business unit and across the enterprise to create sales
plans and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster and maintain relationships with external partners by
regularly meeting in person with agents and brokers to market and
sell Travelers products with a goal of writing and retaining
accounts consistent with our risk appetite. Must be able to travel
to such meetings.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using
consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Develop and execute agency sales plans. Execute region/group
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of relevant underwriting experience with
experience in construction risk or oil and gas.
- Knowledge of construction risk or oil and gas products, the
regulatory environment, and the local insurance market.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively
identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and
analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment
with our risk appetite.
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate
with agents and brokers.
- CPCU designation.What is a Must Have?
- Two years of underwriting experience.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice. Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that we can deliver the very best products and services when our
workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve.
We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the
diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive
workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and
work together to deliver extraordinary results. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about
our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ . Similar
Jobs (1) Account Executive/Underwriter, Construction remote type
Hybrid locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted
13 Days Ago About Us
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
- Imagine other opportunities here .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Walnut Creek , Account Executive/Underwriter, Construction, Professions , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!