Construction Project Lead
Company: American Automobile Association
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 15, 2023
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting
pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we
do. - We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a
mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative
spirit of our Team Members.At AAA, our Team Members strive to
deliver amazing service and help our Members outsmart life's
roadblocks. We believe everything you do outside of work adds to
who you are at work. We're working to transform AAA for the next
century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the
innovative spirit of our Team Members.Why Work For Us?
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and
- 401k Matching - $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
- Annual Incentive Plan - Eligibility to participate in AAA NCNU
annual bonus plan
- Paid Time Off - Team Members accrue paid time off monthly with
an additional 24 hours per year earmarked for volunteer
- Collaborative Environment - AAA will value your contribution to
providing exceptional service to our membersSummaryThis role is
responsible for delivering construction projects on time and in
budget, to support long-term growth. This position will require you
to engage fully, communicate openly and forge close working
relationships throughout our department and company. You will be
responsible to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and
responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. You must
use exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be
comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with employees and
senior management. Success will be defined through meeting
operational needs of stakeholders on time and in budget with a
customer-centric focus.Essential Functions
- With direction from the Manager of Construction and Projects,
coordinate the full range of services, and related contractual
relationships, for the design and build of AAA facilities,
including architects, designers, general contractors,
subcontractors, furniture vendors and others.
- Implement Construction Project Management policies and
procedures for all construction related functions.
- Maintain services standards and Key Performance Indicators
(KPIs) for all third-party providers of products and/or services
- Manage capital projects ranging between $1M and $1MM; Monitor
and manage actual costs to keep projects on track with established
- Conduct end of project cost analyses to execute cost reduction
- Collaborate with the peers, and Operation teams to ensure full
consideration of operational issues in capital projects, from
design to delivery, while working within the confines of
- Ensure construction deadlines are met in order to roll out new
- Provide oversight and direct the work of Vendors on all AAA
- Maintain accurate and current records relating to
Construction/Project Management activities, projects, contacts,
- Generate regular weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports relative to
Construction/Project Management activities for VP Real Estate
- Confirm that work by Vendors is performed satisfactorily and
corrected where deficiencies occur.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- A qualified candidate will have a thorough understanding of
corporate construction/project management, including the
- Working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set and
balance competing priorities with strong organization skills and
ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, ability to
proactively address customer issues and concerns.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google suite.
- Detail-oriented with solid problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new
technologies and processes.
- Ability to effectively interface with all departments of the
company in a highly professional manner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated business and project management skillsEducation &
Experience / Licenses & Certification
- 4 Year Degree Or equivalent experience in architecture,
engineering, project management or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in construction/project
management, preferably high-volume, retail branch networks, large
back office facilities, auto repair facilities and corporate
- Valid Driver's License#LI-VB1#LI-Hybrid#VIC_RX
Keywords: American Automobile Association, Walnut Creek , Construction Project Lead, Professions , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...