Employee Assistance Program Consultant III - Walnut Creek
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Assumes major responsibility for the daily operations of the
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in a particular facility or
geographic grouping of facilities, providing service to physicians,
employees, and family members. Coordinates the development,
delivery, allocation and maintenance of services in regards to
assessment and short-term problem solving and referral, committee
and workgroup participation, training, organizational initiative
support, organizational change support, threat management, critical
incident response, and consultation to managers, supervisors, human
resource representatives and union representatives.
- Under limited clinical direction and consultative support from
management, performs the following: 1) Behavioral health assessment
and referral; 2) Short-term problem solving; 3)Consultation and
training to managers, supervisors, human resource representatives
and union representatives; 4) At the managers discretion, will
provide clinical lead support to less experienced staff, providing
consultative oversight (e.g., behavioral health assessment,
organizational risk management issues and concerns, etc.); 5)
Crisis intervention and critical incident stress management in
response to employee deaths, adverse outcomes in the healthcare
setting and any other event that has the potential to traumatize KP
employee(s) and/or diminish their ability to do their job; 6)
Serves as a core member on their local Threat Management Team
(TMT); 7) Management of projects based on departmental and
organizational needs; and 8) Responsibility for daily operations of
Kaiser Permanentes internal EAP at the local facility.
- Provide behavioral health consultation to help solve
higher-risk and complex/diverse issues. Provide consultation to key
stakeholders re: group and organizational intakes. Allows
employee/mgr. to effectively address personal and/or work related
problems impacting work performance. Helps mitigate organizational
liability by helping manage behavioral risk issues. Serves as
behavioral health resource to employees and their families,
reducing caseload volume of KPs mental health depts.
- Manages client and customer scheduling, requiring complex
planning to coordinate with other departments or resources.
Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for
process improvements and/or enhancements. Works on assignments of
diverse and complex scope.
- Uses practice management strategies to optimize time and
balance workload. Makes appropriate decisions regarding
prioritizing the needs of the business, organizational workflow and
managing organizational trends and demands. Exercises considerable
judgment to make decisions for less defined and complex issues.
Involves interpreting and analyzing established concepts and
trends. May require complex decision-making.
- Assesses all new cases and requests for services; determines
course of action or seeks consultative support for highly complex
and diverse cases/issues. Serves as a resource and/or mentor for
less experienced coordinators. Provides project support at the
discretion of the mgr or director. Collects and analyzes data to
make informed recommendations/decisions which affect the
department. Requires in-depth analysis to identify and recommend
new solutions for more complex problems. Develops solutions to a
diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity and
innovation within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Asks direct questions, listening actively and carefully to
responses, restating to clarify understanding. Tailors and adapts
communication style and content to the client. Communicates
observations and sensitive issues in a manner and time-frame that
is useful and appropriate. Influences others to adopt new concepts
and methodologies. Engages in matters requiring coordination across
functional lines. Provides professional/technical guidance to team
- Seeks professional consultation and uses Director, Managers and
colleagues as internal consultants. Exercises considerable latitude
in determining objectives and approaches to assignment. Work is
accomplished without considerable direction, and is evaluated upon
completion to ensure objectives and performance requirements have
- Provides on-going coaching, enabling team members to develop
and improve skills and capabilities that support the effectiveness
of the department and/or function. Serves as a
technical/professional mentor to team members. Provides project
leadership on departmental work, although has no formal supervisory
or management responsibilities. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years as a licensed clinician, with a minimum
of two (2) years of clinical experience, to include chemical
dependency work, crisis intervention, traumatic stress intervention
and short-term problem solving required.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, or related clinical
human services discipline required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (in location where applicable)
OR Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (in location where
applicable) OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (in location where
- Program experience must include training design and
implementation, organization consultation.
- Familiarity with management information systems and human
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts,
techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Power
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience providing management consultations preferred.
- Experience providing training preferred.
- Healthcare service background preferred.
- Program development and project management experience
- CEAP or CEAP eligible preferred.
- Ph.D in social work, psychology, or related clinical human
services discipline preferred.
- Position covers the Walnut Creek Med Center and the associated
MOBs in the DSA.
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Walnut Creek , Employee Assistance Program Consultant III - Walnut Creek, Professions , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...