Per Diem Surgical Technician
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Under the supervision of the Operating Room Manager/Director of
Nursing, according to the organizational structure, and at the
direction of Registered Nurses, performs surgical scrubbing.
Assures proper care and maintenance of all surgical instrumentation
and equipment while maintaining the sterile field. Demonstrates
good knowledge of principles and practices of aseptic technique and
infection control. Demonstrates knowledge of all equipment,
instruments, procedures and supplies utilized in the operating
Projects a professional demeanor and appearance while maintaining
the confidentiality of patients, co-workers, and the surgery center
and adhering to the HIPAA policy. Reports, in good faith, any known
or suspected activity that appears to violate laws, rules,
regulations or the Code of Conduct. Fulfills annual HealthStream
continuing education requirements.
Personal attributes include the ability to be self-directed;
demonstrates accountability, professionalism, and receptiveness to
change; seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
Works under stress and in situations that demand patience, stamina,
endurance, and tact while providing impeccable service. Fosters an
attitude of teamwork and willingness to assist others and does not
refuse performing other job duties as requested. Set's priorities,
responds timely to issues which require a decision, and ensures
desired results are achieved by means of consistent follow
* Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Graduate of approved surgical technician program.
* CST certification preferred.
* Minimum of two years experience in the Operating Room in
* Ability to achieve Basic Life Support certification within 60
days of hire.
* Ability to relate and work effectively with others.
* Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English communications
for safe and effective patient care and to meet documentation
* Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for own professional advancement.
* Is aware of surgical technician standards and performs in
accordance with them.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Walnut Creek , Per Diem Surgical Technician, Professions , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!