Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Ruth's Chris Steak House - POSITION SUMMARY: Picks up food
product for orders placed by the service staff and delivers the
meal to our guests, including bread, salads, appetizers, entrees,
desserts and other items requested by our guests. Assists the
kitchen and service staff as needed to maintain the highest level
of food quality, presentation and timing to optimize our guests
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
- Reports to work, is in the correct uniform and on the station
as indicated on the weekly work schedule. Practices positive
personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plateware and
smallwares needed to effectively serve all food products. Items
include, but are not limited to; serving spoons, forks, goose
necks, underliners for vegetables, folded napkins for handling hot
plates and garnishes. Keeps station restocked throughout the
- Cleans large and small trays and tray stands to be ready for
- Reads order tickets as they arrive and place onto ticket
minder. Tracks cooking times on all orders, checks finished product
for proper degree of doneness, appearance and plate
- Coordinates and communicates with the broil and pantry stations
to correctly time and serve "hot and cold" items to the
- Garnishes finished entrees according to the specifications and
procedures contained in the Ruth's Chris Steak House Recipe Book
(examples: butter, parsley, lemon) and immediately trays and
delivers food so that the food is served hot and sizzling.
- Delivers food to the correct table and pivot point position
numbers. Assists the server as necessary to ensure that the guest
is served immediately. ("Hot Food Hot, Cold Food Cold").
- Assists the server as needed to optimize the guest's dining
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety
guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Reports any unsafe
condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef or
other Manager On Duty.
- Correctly completes closing duties at the end of each shift.
Assists Chef and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing
duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house
as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform the
essential job functions)
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food, supply, smallwares,
equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds
constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility
for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat on a
frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment
as well as to work the line during service periods.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
to supervisors, employees, vendors and guests.
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold
(30 degrees), heat (temperatures above 100 degrees), loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Walnut Creek , Food Runner, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...