Senior Mortgage Officer (East Bay Area) Walnut Creek, California
Company: SAFE Credit Union
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Salary Range: $40,000.00 - $415,000.00Exact compensation may
vary based on skill, experience and location.POSITION
PURPOSEResponsible for originating real estate loans. Contacts
credit union members, real estate salespeople and brokers,
subdivision sales offices, custom builders, and others for real
estate sales referrals, prospects, and leads.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
AND BASIC DUTIES
- Discuss SAFE's mortgage programs with potential borrowers.
- Determine if applicants qualify for requested mortgages;
recommend appropriate mortgage programs.
- Responsible for obtaining complete mortgage applications,
including required supporting documentation and signed up-front
- Submit timely, accurate, and complete mortgage files to Real
Estate Operations for processing, underwriting, doc drawing, and
- Meet minimum production goals, as assigned.
- Send required documentation to Real Estate Operations in a
timely fashion so up-front mortgage RESPA disclosure requirements
can be met.
- Maintain current, complete, and accurate status in origination
systems for all loans assigned.
- Make presentations and represent SAFE at functions, as
- Develop referral sources through builder and realtor
association groups, as well as in the community.
- Develop a purchase pipeline by building a network of realtors
to refer potential buyers.
- Verify status of loans in pipeline, providing status updates to
borrowers and referral partners.
- Complete other duties, as
or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and five
to eight years of related experience and/or training; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.Certification:
- NMLS license.Required Knowledge:Five or more years of
experience in mortgage sales. Knowledge of FNMA, HUD, USDA, VA, and
FHLMC guidelines. Experience with Mortgagebot, E3, Point, and
Encompass preferred. Experience Required:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, organizing, and controlling
- Good public relations ability, with the ability to speak
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer, with emphasis on Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel).WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear, and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach
with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONSThis is not
necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities,
duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All
descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the
positions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of
the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or
to require that other or different tasks be performed as
assigned.In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it
is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
organization.Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create
employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an
at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not
prohibited by law.
Keywords: SAFE Credit Union, Walnut Creek , Senior Mortgage Officer (East Bay Area) Walnut Creek, California, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...