Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Heffernan Insurance Brokers is looking for an experienced
individual to join its Group Benefits team. The primary function of
the Benefits Specialist role is to provide administrative support
to the service team. The Benefits Specialist will support the
Account Management team on as many as twenty-five mid-size and
large group accounts.Responsibilities Include:
- Setup pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports for the
- Assist in spreading marketing results, including benefit
comparisons, and cost analysis. -
- Work with service team on employee contributions and strategies
to meet client's budgetary needs.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual experience
- Assist with and/or participate in annual open enrollment
meetings, health fairs, and webinars.
- Collect new client information and accurately record into HIB
client management system.
- Distribute client correspondence, communication materials, and
compliance notes for the account management team.
- Assist with group applications and policy termination
- Maintain an action calendar for the team.
- Scan, print, bind, and mail out necessary materials.
- Assist account management team in resolving claims and service
- Thorough documentation is required on each account, while
ensuring that proper E&O procedures are followed.
- Assist with client 5500 processing as necessary.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.Requirements:
- Education - High School graduate required. Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in group health insurance
or with a benefits brokerage/consulting firm.
- Active CA Life & Disability license is required. Or must be
able to obtain license.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, both written
- Must be organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Must be proficient with MS Suite; particularly Excel, Word, and
- Professional demeanor and behavior.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and sense of
humor!Compensation:The salary range for this position is $60,000 to
$70,000. The offer will depend on the geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.
This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary
annual incentive program. Heffernan offers a comprehensive benefits
package; more details on which can be found
athttps://www.heffins.com/about-us/careers These are core values
that represent our unique culture.
- Smooth The Path And Be Respectful - Being respectful of one
another is critical to developing and maintaining strong
relationships. We are in this together as a team.
- Do Good - This is our core. We strive to do good for our
clients, our company and our communities.
- Know Your Clients And Foster Relationships - Take the time to
listen and learn. Build, maintain, and enhance the connections you
make every day.
- Have Fun - Take the time to get to know your colleagues and
let's have fun! If we are happy and connected, we all will do a
better job for our clients.
- Answer The Phone (And Email) - Be available and responsive to
clients and colleagues.
- Be Humble And Own It - We all make mistakes - what's important
is that we take ownership for our mistakes and learn from them.
Humility shows a willingness to learn and improve.
- Celebrate And Value Our Differences - We strive to be
non-traditional. We all come from different backgrounds. Be open.
Listen to others stories and experiences. Make an effort to not
only include, but connect. -Working Conditions:
- Work environment is indoors, sitting at a desk or standing for
extended periods of time.
- Daily use of computers, keyboard, mouse, headset, printers, and
other commonly used office equipment.
- This position may require flexibility to work hours outside of
a regular schedule.
Keywords: Heffins, Walnut Creek , Benefits Specialist, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...