Loss Control Specialist
Company: CopperPoint Insurance Company
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 22, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:CopperPoint has an
exciting opportunity for a Loss Control Specialist. The Loss
Control Specialist identifies and analyzes data and other
information pertinent to the insured's business operations,
conducts site surveys, and collaborates with underwriting to
provide risk recommendations for account retention and new
business. They also provide necessary and appropriate training to
help maintain effective workplace safety and health programs that
are designed to reduce the insured's employees' potential injuries.
The Loss Control Specialist will support the development and
execution of the Loss Control strategic vision/plan while assisting
with growing the book of business for our agency partners by
promoting loss control service capability. The ideal candidate
location is in the SF Bay Peninsula, South Bay, or East Bay areas,
and is fluent in Spanish.Job Responsibilities:
- Researches, assesses, and develops a personalized plan of
action based on on-site surveys of physical properties, fleets,
industrial operations, and products/services provided.
- Identifies and conducts an analysis of claims, historical
losses, and loss trend analysis data to identify and target
- Develops and communicates recommended processes, written
procedures, and policy changes to reduce risks and control related
hazards, behaviors, and loss exposures.
- Accountable for providing effective and timely communications
and required documentation; call and route preparation; and
policyholder annual policy assessments as needed, to underwriting
- Acts as a risk and safety consultative resource for the
company's underwriters, agents, and policyholders by providing
superior value-added customer service.
- Mentor and coach others by providing guidance and
- Participates in individual and team-based agency visits
focusing on the delivery of technical capability, policyholder
support, and brand value.
- Shares existing and newly acquired technical knowledge with
policyholders, agents, peers, and business partners through
training and education practices.
- Works on projects, as assigned, and participates in key
business meetings; adds value to collaborative sessions on high
premium, complex risks.
- Supports the continual improvement and growth of the Loss
Control Department through internal training and education,
practice and procedure development, and process enhancement
- Imparts strong technical and business skills across all major
lines of coverage with peers, business partners, and external
- Keeps abreast of industry and technical news and developments
and shares the knowledge gained with peers, business partners,
policyholders, and agents.
- Mentor and train other loss control consultants as needed.
- Ability to travel daily between locations with occasional
overnight travel.*Driving a vehicle is a requirement for this
- BS/BA college degree preferred. The knowledge and skill levels
acquired through undergraduate level studies, especially in the
areas of risk management or business administration as well as a
minimum of 5 years of experience in Loss Control.
- Experience, knowledge, and application of DOI, NCCI, ICA, OSHA,
and NFPA standards, rules, regulations, and building codes.
- Experience in negotiations and influencing change, as well as
evaluating statistical information for support of cost-effective
solutions related to the development of risk and environmental
safety and health programs.
- Senior-level skills in analyzing and evaluating the insured's
organizational and procedural systems and controls.
- Senior-level interpersonal skills to quickly develop trust,
credibility, and respect from all levels of staff within the
agent's and insured's organization (owner, managers, safety
director, supervisors, and staff members).Salary Range:
- $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 annually
- Compensation may vary dependent on skills, experience,
education, and geographical location.
- In addition to base salary, compensation may include an annual
discretionary bonus.Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance
Companies is a leading provider of workers' compensation and
commercial insurance solutions. With an expanded Line of insurance
products and a growing ten-state footprint in the western United
States, CopperPoint embodies stability for policyholders in Alaska,
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon,
Utah, and Washington. CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Holding Company
is the corporate parent of Arizona-based CopperPoint Insurance
Companies, Alaska National Insurance Company, and other CopperPoint
Insurance Entities.CopperPoint's culture of compassion extends to
the community through employee volunteerism, corporate matching,
Board service, program sponsorships, and in-kind contributions. We
empower employees by providing 12 hours of paid volunteer time
annually and matching their personal contributions to the charities
of their choice up to $500 per year. In 2020, CopperPoint employees
reported 3,500 volunteer hours.CopperPoint offers a competitive
compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including
major medical, dental, and vision, and a wide range of competitive
benefits programs, generous matching contributions to your 401(k)
plan, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and other
education benefits, and business casual dress. CopperPoint is an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy
status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or
local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: CopperPoint Insurance Company, Walnut Creek , Loss Control Specialist, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...