Environmental Services - Business Center Practice Leader
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Environmental Services - Business Center Practice Leader - (
22000488 ) DescriptionGrounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our
experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative
spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical
specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an
inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise.
Were a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top
environmental talents on work thats critical to our clients and the
communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down
to a science.Your OpportunityThe Business Center Practice Leader
(BCPL) is the seller/doer responsible for leading the pursuit and
delivery of excellent work to our clients. Accountable for the top
line, the BCPL leads the growth of the Business Centers and
Stantecs market position while providing innovative project
solutions with exceptional quality and execution that exceed client
expectations. The BCPL reports to the Regional Sales Leader
(RSL).It is the expectation that all leadership roles have a
maximum term of 5-years, with the opportunity to reevaluate at the
end of the term and for the purpose of succession and company
growth.Your Key ResponsibilitiesClient Focus:
- Responsible for exceeding client expectations through strong
account management across the business center (BC) geographic
market and personally leading accounts for major clients in the
- Achieve minimum client and proposal-specific marketing and
business development (M&BD) sales goals, including internal
cross-selling initiatives, target 25% of time.
- Lead and participate in pursuits and campaigns for major BC
- Drives the client relationship strategy, working with
Principals and BC leaders to drive strong results in the client
satisfaction survey within the respective BC.
- Sets the tone among all leaders in the BC. Business Development
- Actively contributes to win strategies and successful project
execution and becomes involved at a hands-on level in key pursuits
as needed and on projects should issues impacting client
satisfaction or project management best practices escalate and
tracks pursuit success rate and Return on Investment rate on
- Leads growth of the BC through developing and leading the
business development, key pursuit and sales strategy and holds
Principals accountable to expand our reach and client base
utilizing strong marketing, business development, sales account
- Responsible for developing and managing the marketing and
business development (M&BD) plan for the BC including cross
selling across ES sectors, growth initiatives and Stantec business
lines within the geographic market.
- Increases visibility of Stantec by sharing our knowledge and
innovation story through key client engagements to enhance our
reputation and drive revenue.
- Establish an effective Go/No Go Review process with Principals
and tracks compliance of Go/No Go Process.
- Partners with other BCPLs and leaders to drive collaboration on
pursuits across geographies and business lines.
- Responsible for utilizing and ensuring the opportunity Pipeline
is maintained and monitor to optimize business development plans
and employee utilization rates.
- Ensure local marketplace reputation through established
relationships and support of other Stantec Regional Leaders.
- Develop and maintain Stantecs Integrated Practice in the
specified BC., which includes; - The maintenance of a cohesive
Stantec brand- Key client and Account development and maintenance-
Market and community outreach and engagement- Accountable to
achieve organic growth targets of the BCProject Focus:
- Lead delivery of significant BC project and program
- Achieve minimum direct utilization target of 50% for a BC of
less than 50 people and 45% for a BC of more than 50 people
- Actively participate including contribution to written content
in major projects in key roles such as Independent Technical
Reviewers, as required.
- Oversee risk management related to projects and pursuits
including review of contracts, fees, and proposals on large
pursuits and in coordination with the Business Operating Unit Risk
- Inspires, motivates, and holds the team accountable for the
delivery of innovative design solutions.
- Responsible for driving project excellence.
- Leads or assigns responsibility for oversight of project
delivery, QAQC, discipline excellence and technical quality,
documents quality and best practices in the execution of work.
- Responsible for assigning responsibility for design excellence
in all disciplines present in BC to foster innovation, sustainable
design principles and use of technology.
- Responsible for compliance with ISO-certified Integrated
management System and Project management (PM) Frameworks.
- Accountable for achieving > 95% PM Frameworks compliance
from Internal Practice audits.
- Leads or assigns responsibility for management, needs
assessment and provision of digital practice, tools, and
applications in support of BC to deliver work. Provide broad
- Act as a highly regarded leader, thought partner and a source
of counsel and advice for their BC.
- Be personally involved in key client relationships, strategic
project pursuits and major project leadership within the BC.
- Proactively identify opportunities to reinforce and further
develop Stantecs high-performance culture with a focus on
innovation, speed, and productivity.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the
- Uphold a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices,
encourages individual integrity, and focuses on the customer and
- Provide support through ongoing collaboration with Business
Operating Unit (BOU) Operations, Regional Business and Sales
Leaders (RBL/RSL), Regional Leaders (RL) and Business Center
Operating Leaders (BCOL) regarding resolution of operational issues
identified within the BC. Business and Financial Management:
- Support BCOL with the annual budget for the BC, outlining the
vision, focus, and priorities for implementation and setting
specific goals for business performance.
- Accountable for top line revenue growth and delivering M&BD
spend to budget, the BCPL also supports the BCOL in meeting
established targets net revenue, gross margin, G&A, and
operating income target in the BC.
- Responsible for net revenue forecasts by period, quarter, and
- Partners with BCOL to develop and implement improvement plans
for distressed business units and BCs. Including focus on
write-offs and business line expenses.
- Supports achieving utilization rate and backlog targets and
partners with BCOL to drive collaboration and work sharing across
- Possesses financial acumen and successful experience
negotiating commercial and contractual terms. Health and Safety:
- Support BCOL with the health and safety performance of the BC,
including the monitoring of leading and lagging indicators, meeting
leading indicator goals, and following up on BC Improvement Plans.
- Support BCOL with developing, attracting, engaging, and
retaining top talent.
- Establish employee connectedness to leadership by interfacing
frequently with employees.
- Partner with BCOL by conducting quarterly office visits and BC
Wide meetings to communicate the vision, business strategy and
progress against applicable action plans.
- Serve as an inspirational leader with strong influential
- Support the overall talent management lifecycle including
career development, employee engagement, succession planning,
coaching, and mentoring, diversity and inclusion, and leadership
development for the BC.
- Support the BCOL with managing performance and compensation in
accordance with Stantecs compensation philosophy within the BC
through yearly employee performance review (YEPR), rate review, and
STIP/bonus -allocation for the BC.
- Direct reports may include roles focused on M&BD.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of 10
years related work, leadership, financial management, business
development and consulting experience or an equivalent combination
of education and related experience.
- Masters Degree a plus.
- Professional registration in related field. Work Environment
and Physical DemandsIndoor (Office Environment) Activities are
performed in an environmentally controlled office setting. Noise
level varies but generally at levels of conversation. Majority of
time spent using computer/laptop at workstation and related office
equipment. Time spent carrying, reaching, lifting, bending,
pushing, and pulling up to 20 pounds: Occasional 1-33% of shift.
Subject to extended periods of sitting; may be required to stand
for varying lengths of time and walk short to moderate distances to
perform work.A hybrid work policy that facilities some remote work
in balance with office-based work is envisioned and will be
established with supervisor and colleagues, based on staff and
business needs. This position may require travel up 10 to 20% of
time, depending on client and business needs.This description is
not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other
duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be
changed at any time with or without notice.Stantec is a place where
the best and brightest come to build on each others talents, do
exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.Primary Location : United
States-California-Sacramento Other Locations : United
States-California-Nevada City, United States-California-San Jose,
United States-California-Rocklin, United States-California-Walnut
Creek, United States-California-San Francisco Organization :
BC-1857 Environmental Services-US Pacific Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time Schedule :
Full-time Job Posting : Dec 19, 2022, 7:56:37 AMReq ID:
22000488Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified employees and applicants for future and current
employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit
discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring,
referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training,
terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in
compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and
ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO
including Disability/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Stantec, Walnut Creek , Environmental Services - Business Center Practice Leader, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!