Benefit Service Associate
Company: JLT Employee Benefits
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Under direct supervision of the Client Service Executive, provide
administrative and project support to client service teams. This
position will work with a variety of associates within a Practice
Group, and at other times will work independently on assignments.
This position prepares individuals for promotion to the Benefit
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist client service teams with the insurance bidding and
- Review census data, plan design, rate information, experience
data, and related materials to ensure that necessary and accurate
information is submitted to renew / continue the policy.
- Work with carrier representatives to resolve discrepancies
regarding missing or inaccurate information on the submissions and
communicate the status of submissions to client service team
members to ensure marketing submissions are processed a timely
- Using approved templates, prepare and coordinate creation of
new / renewal binders and iPad presentations, open enrollment
communications, and other client presentation materials.
- As skill and efficiency in performing the above duties
develops, work with team members to learn how to analyze coverage
and premium rate options to determine how best to meet client
- Provide general administrative support to client service
- Upload presentations to iPads and generally maintain iPads
assigned to the Practice Group.
- Upload client data to mobile applications.
- Work with website vendors to maintain client websites.
- Create and maintain wallet ID cards as requested.
- Process Broker of Record letters internally and with
- Maintain client and carrier contacts in requested internal
- Prepare client records to be filed following policy renewals
and on an ongoing basis.
- Update and assist in maintaining agency management and filing
systems upon renewal and during special project requests.
- Coordinate open enrollment and other client communication
materials as requested.
- Research trends and update benchmarking templates as
- Provide general day-to-day support to clients as skill and
- Act as liaison for client to research and resolve coverage,
claim, and administrative problems.
- Escalate claim issues within the department and with our
carrier partners, using resources and knowledge of
- Recognize areas of concern and potential issues and work with
client service team to develop solutions
The applicable base salary range for this role is $ 35,300 to $
67,800 . The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as
experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and
education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In
addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for
performance-based incentives. We are excited to offer a competitive
total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits,
tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as
well as employee assistance programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare,
tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic
partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups,
volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information
about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers
Keywords: JLT Employee Benefits, Walnut Creek , Benefit Service Associate, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!