Behavioral Specialist-Child/Adolescent Specialty
Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 22, 2023
At Rogers Behavior Health, behavior specialists are valued
members of the interdisciplinary team and collaborate directly with
providers, therapists, nurses, dieticians, and educational
specialists to meet dynamic patient care needs. Our clinics offer
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Out-Patient (IOP)
programs that range from three to six hours of treatment per day,
five days per week. Behavior Specialists train and work with
program therapist to implement Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT),
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Exposure-Based Therapy
interventions. Applicants must have an interest in working in a
behavioral health setting, however specific experience is not
required. Upon hire, behavior specialists receive extensive
orientation related to their role and Rogers Behavioral Health's
- M-F, day shift clinic hours, No weekends, No Holidays
- This role is on our child/adol side of the clinic (PHP
- Opportunity to gain supervision hours towards licensure for our
Masters Level Behavioral Specialists Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prior to working with patients, the behavior specialist must
attend and participate in CBT Academy and other clinical trainings
as deemed appropriate by the clinical director. The behavior
specialist must complete annual CBT, DBT, and other clinical
trainings provided by Rogers Behavioral Health talent and
- The behavior specialist must understand and participate in
providing patients with CBT, DBT, and Exposure-based therapeutic
interventions based on Rogers Behavioral Health clinical standards
of care while under the supervision of the clinical director.
- The behavior specialist must participate in weekly supervision
sessions with the clinical director, supervisor, or lead therapist.
In addition, they must participate in multidisciplinary treatment
team meetings by providing communication related to the patient,
family/support system, and utilization review needs.
- The behavior specialist must complete medical record
documentation within agency requirements of time related to
treatment plans, outcome assessments, psycho-social information,
and other pertinent patient care data. This includes but is not
limited to the documentation of mental health services according to
applicable local and federal regulations and state payor
- The behavior specialist must support changes in
staffing/scheduling when program or patient care needs require.
- The behavior specialist must participate in projects, tasks,
and opportunities to improve skills and expand competency.
- The behavior specialist must adhere to the standards of the
Rogers Behavioral Health Employee Behavioral Contracts.
- The behavior specialist must be fully vaccinated for COVID
unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Services, Psychology,
Social Work, or related field.
- Preferred experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy,
Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Exposure-Based Therapy.
- Completion of Non-violent Crisis Intervention and Basic Life
Support training prior to direct patient care. Annual
re-recertification is required.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication.
- Must pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid unless approved for a
medical or religious exemption. Salary: $24.23 - $29.54hr based on
your number of years of experience Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or
more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship
opportunities. ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Rogers Behavioral
Health is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit provider of
highly specialized psychiatric care. Rogers offers evidence-based
treatment for children, teens, and adults with OCD and anxiety,
addiction, depression and other mood disorders, eating disorders,
trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than a century of experience,
Rogers is leading the way on measurement-based care and use of
clinical outcomes. Rogers provides residential care and has three
inpatient facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also
offers outpatient services in a growing network of communities
across the U.S. The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health
Foundation , which supports patient care, programs, and research;
and Rogers InHealth , an initiative that works to eliminate the
stigma of mental health challenges. For more information, visit
rogersbh.org . EOE/MFDV Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action - Rogers Behavioral Health (rogersbh.org)
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Walnut Creek , Behavioral Specialist-Child/Adolescent Specialty, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!