Hourly - Ongoing Specialized Recreation Leader and Senior Leader
Company: City of Walnut Creek, CA
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Please Note:This job posting is for the ongoing Specialized
Recreation Program at the City of Walnut Creek; it is not for the
Summer Camp Program.
Our Specialized Recreation Team:
Our trained and caring team takes a person-first approach to
providing recreational opportunities for youth and adults with
special needs, ensuring that every participant has the chance to
broaden their experiences while engaging in fun-filled activities
and events. We take pride in our roll to provide a positive,
respectful, and supportive involvement with participants and fellow
staff. Collaboratively with the wider Arts + Recreation department,
we strive to have a meaningful impact on the lives of our
participants while providing creative programs offered in an
inclusive, fun, and innovative environment.
Under general supervision, our Recreation Leaders perform a variety
of duties, including:
* Assist Sr. Leaders in organizing and leading activities
* Active participation in all activities and trips
* Provide for safety of participants
* Initiate interaction with participants
* Other related duties as assigned
In addition to the duties above, Senior Recreation Leaders are also
* Planning and organizing activities for assigned site
* Supervising participants and providing for their safety
* Enthusiastically leading activities and setting example for
* Maintaining attendance records and providing written reports upon
* Interacting with guardians and staff to create a cohesive working
Before you apply, be sure that you meet the qualification
* Recreation Leaders:One year of volunteer or paid experience with
individuals with special needs;
* Senior Recreation Leaders: two years of paid work experience in a
day or resident setting involving special needs individuals.
* One year of completed high school education.
* Ability to engage in physical activity.
* CPR & First Aid Certification desirable (but not required).
Recreation Leaders and Senior Recreation Leaders undergo FBI and
DOJ fingerprinting as part of the background process. Candidates
will also be required to provide TB test results if selected.
Effective August 16, 2021, all employees of the City of Walnut
Creek will be required to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicants selected for employment at the City must provide
certification of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first
day of employment.
* Submit your thorough application through governmentjobs.com.
* The Department will contact you directly based on current
vacancies for an interview. Should you have any questions, please
reach out to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org by calling
the Specialized Recreation Program directly at 925-256-3531.
Keywords: City of Walnut Creek, CA, Walnut Creek , Hourly - Ongoing Specialized Recreation Leader and Senior Leader, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!