Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: October 4, 2021
The Behavior Specialist is responsible for conducting Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with patients within Rogers Behavioral
Health Residential, Intensive Outpatient (IOP), Partial Hospital
(PHP) and Acute Inpatient treatment programs as detailed.
Behavior specialists train and work with the assigned Clinical
Services Manager to design and implement CBT specific treatment
plans for those with Anxiety & OCD Spectrum Disorders, Mood
Disorders, Eating Disorders and Trauma-Related Disorders.
Job Duties &
- Attend and participate in CBT Academy and other training under
the direction of the Clinical Services Manager or Director prior to
working with patients. Time and training to be determined by the
Clinical Services Manager or Director.
- Provide cognitive behavioral and other therapeutic services,
except medication administration, to patients, according to
clinical standards of care and under the supervision of the
Clinical Services Manager or Director.
- Participate in weekly supervision sessions with the Clinical
Services Manager or Director and communicate with the Clinical
Services Manager or Director on an ongoing basis regarding clinical
- Assure documentation of therapeutic treatment plans, outcome
assessments, psychosocial information, and other patient care data
is completed within the medical record.
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and
complete treatment plan development.
- Offer training support to other staff members less familiar
with the cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety, mood, eating,
and trauma-related disorders.
- Document mental health services according to applicable
regulations and payer expectations.
- Communicate with Utilization Review department to provide
information necessary to assist in facilitating payment for
- Include requirements and guidelines from external agencies;
i.e., Joint Commission and state.
- Maintain and/or communicate to the appropriate party, the
function backlog at a set timeframe.
- Educate new staff to regulations or requirements of those
functions that relate to their areas or departments, as
- Demonstrate acceptance and training of student interns in the
department, as directed.
- Demonstrate understanding of Joint Commission and
other regulatory agency compliance regulations. A. Involve self in
the learning and application of standards relevant to the partial
- Participate in in services/seminars and other meetings to
increase involvement and awareness of regulations.
- Involve self in the education of other disciplines.
- Demonstrate understanding of partial hospital regulations and
- Participate in Rogers committees, Rogers Improvement System
(RIS) team meetings and team projects, as directed.
- Attend partial hospital meetings, as necessary; actively
participate in discussions; recognize and contribute to activities
leading to improvement.
- Participate in the Rogers Improvement System (RIS) program. A.
Gain understanding of the RIS process.
- Apply the RIS model to your department’s activities.
- Participate and/or create RIS projects that lead to improvement
in other Hospital areas.
- Educate and involve self in Rogers and partial hospital’s RIS
- Conduct self in a professional manner. A. Demonstrate
organizational skills that promote timely response to all inquiries
and to task completion.
- Communicate with all individuals in a positive and professional
- Attempt to resolve individual issues with peers in a positive,
calm manner, with a focus on solution.
- Attend outside seminars to promote professional growth.
- Comply with the Hospital’s policies and procedures, including
Human Resources, Infection Control, and Employee Health policies
- Project a professional image by wearing appropriate,
- Bachelor’s Degree (human services, psychology, social work, or
related field preferred).
- Relevant Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment (CBT) experience (12
months preferred). Relevant experience may include clinical care,
human services, or educational equivalent.
- Complete Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) or Dialectical
Behavior Therapy (DBT) Academy as directed by operations manager
under the consultation of the clinical supervisor or director
within ninety (90) days of hire/transfer.
- A SAC-IT, SAC, or CSAC required in WI. A substance abuse
specialty authorization applicable to the state hired in is
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Formal self-defense training is required with sixty (60) days
of the date of hire/transfer. Annual re-certification is
- Compliance with Residential Care Center (RCC) and Community
Based Residential Facility (CBRF) employee requirements.
- If business need should dictate, this role may be required to
complete required medication pass training and pass medications in
a residential setting.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or
more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Rogers Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized,
not-for-profit provider of highly specialized psychiatric care.
Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and
adults with OCD and anxiety, addiction, depression and other mood
disorders, eating disorders, trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than
a century of experience, Rogers is leading the way on
measurement-based care and use of clinical outcomes.
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient
facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers
outpatient services in a growing network of communities across the
The System also includes Rogers
Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient
care, programs, and research; and Rogers
In Health, an initiative that works to eliminate the
stigma of mental health challenges. For more information,
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Walnut Creek , Behavior Specialist, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!