Senior Construction Manager/Project Manager
Company: Brown and Caldwell
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Brown and Caldwell's San Jose, San Francisco, and Walnut Creek
offices, are currently looking for Construction Management
professionals to join our growing team! We are seeking construction
professionals that are eager to deliver our construction
- Provide part time or full-time support for construction
management and inspection activities on multiple projects for water
and wastewater collection, transmission, treatment, storage, and
- Review contract plans and specifications for
- Ensure overall project quality and proper safety
- Meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Coordinate in the field with owner's staff, design staff,
contractors and subcontractors, third party inspectors, facility
operations staff, and local regulatory agencies.
- Keep detailed records of construction progress, changed
conditions, and as-built drawings.
- Manage progress reporting, inspection reporting, and project
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders to minimize
and avoid claims. Analyze and negotiate cost and time impacts
associated with change orders and claims.
- Serve as liaison in the interface between the design team and
the projects' construction teams (owner, contractor, construction
manager, resident engineer).
- Directly interact with clients' representatives to negotiate
work plans, administer construction contract terms and conditions,
resolve field issues, and provide management system reporting to
- Make client contacts, identify new project opportunities, and
lead efforts in winning new construction management contracts.
Requirements include project team coordination, proposal writing,
and interview preparation and delivery for projects throughout
- Work closely with BC client service managers, marketing staff,
design leads, and company specialists to develop CM opportunity
leads. Utilize BC's Plan to Win process for marketing new
opportunities and providing communications on pursuit
- 15 - 20 years' construction related experience on water and
wastewater construction type projects. Requires working knowledge
of heavy construction, including civil, structural, mechanical, and
electrical construction practices.
- Experience in the engineering and construction management
industry and/or as construction contractor.
- Valid California driver's license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Civil or Construction Engineering or MS in Engineering or
- Registered CA Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Certified
Construction Manager (CCM).
- Familiarity with the installation of small and large diameter
pipe (PVC, concrete, clay, stainless steel, ductile iron, and
- Prior experience in the construction of concrete, steel/metal,
masonry structures at pumping plants, water and wastewater
treatment plants, or other facility improvement type projects.
- Familiarity with tunneling construction methods (jack and bore,
microtunnelling, directional drilling, tunnel boring machine).
- Familiarity with various pipe rehabilitation and replacement
techniques (Cured-In-Place Pipe, Pipe Bursting, Open Cut).
- Familiarity in working within operational water and wastewater
- Familiarity with the start-up, testing, and commissioning of
rehabilitated or new plant facility projects.
- Familiarity with local design and construction standards,
regulations, and specifications.
- Experience in Alternative Delivery methods of contracting
(Design-Build, Design Assist, Construction Manager at Risk).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledgeable in application of Primavera P6, Microsoft
Project, Document Control Software (Procore, EADOC, SharePoint),
cost estimating systems, as well as demonstrated knowledge of MS
- Ability to complete and maintain company required health and
safety training and abide by company's and client's health and
safety standards prior to going out in the field.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive
benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and
success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid
time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement
savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus
eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet
insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full
list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a
full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with
52 offices and 1,700 professionals across North America and the
Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge
environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and
government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice-to our
clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional
quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our
commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join
us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach
new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development
opportunities. For more information, visit
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check
and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement
request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer.
Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to
apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs
and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
Keywords: Brown and Caldwell, Walnut Creek , Senior Construction Manager/Project Manager, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!