McMillen Jacobs Associates is looking for a Principal Engineer
with 20+ years of experience in Structural Engineering design to
perform design and design management of large-scale public works
underground infrastructure and transit projects.
The successful candidate will have a strong skillset and
familiarity with common methods for structural analysis and design
of structures using relevant codes and standards. Experience in
project management, client relations, and business development
- Provide a combination of business development, client
relationship management and project delivery work.
- Identify and pursue new project opportunities and
growth-related initiatives in conjunction with Regional Managers,
Office Managers and marketing professionals within McMillen Jacobs
- Demonstrate confidence, business acumen, negotiations,
interpersonal and communications skills required to maintain
effective relationships with clients and represent McMillen Jacobs
Associates in critical business dealings, relationships, and
negotiations with suppliers and business partners.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of project teams to
ensure compliance with contract agreements and exercise cost
control to implement the approved design within established budget
- Provide technical guidance to lead and manage multi-disciplined
engineering teams including junior/graduate engineers.
- Provide mentoring to support junior engineers career
- Initiate and review qualification and pricing proposals. Lead
interviews and presentations in pursuit of new projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior client
management and staff.
- Lead the preparation of technical reports, engineering
specifications, drawings and perform calculations in support of
- Accountable for QA/QC on projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with an
emphasis in structural engineering is required; Master's degree in
structural engineering preferred.
- At least 20+ years experience in tunnel and/or underground
structure planning, design and construction. Experience should
include technical oversight of design teams, project management and
client relationship management.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
- Experience and proven track record delivering a wide range of
project types and sizes with public and private clients.
- Experience working with governmental, local agencies and
- Experience developing contract documents, plans, details and
- Experience working with Contractors on large scale Design-Build
construction projects a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentations
at key industry related conferences and seminars.
- Must be willing to travel for assignments as needed.
ABOUT MCMILLEN JACOBS ASSOCIATES
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a multi-disciplined firm, with
self-performing design-build capability. We are experts in
underground/tunneling and water resources projects and deploy this
expertise to serve water, dams, energy, wastewater, transportation,
aquaculture, federal, private, and regulatory clients using a wide
range of delivery methods. For 75 years we have worked closely with
our clients at every stage of a project assisting them with
planning, permits, designs, project management, construction, and
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to
do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team
members forge their own path within the company. We support their
efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a
great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have
fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics,
holiday parties, and company outings.
Benefits: Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, 401(k), ESOP, and stock
program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
Pay Rate: DOE
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please
fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that
we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and will make all employment related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.