Staff Environmental Engineer (Entry Level)
Location: walnut creek
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Staff
Environmental Engineer to join our growing team in Walnut Creek,
CA. Working under the direction of project managers and partners,
the successful candidate will work on interesting site
investigation and remediation projects throughout Northern
Califiornia and other US locations. You may also have the
opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full
spectrum of ERM's services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts
to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies,
while building the required experience to obtain your professional
- Conduct field work, including sampling, drilling, well
installation, remedial pilot tests, construction oversight, and
remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports
for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water,
- Perform Phase I and II environmental site assessments to
support property transfer transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants,
and clients during field activities.
- BS in chemical, civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering
or related degree.
- Recent graduate to 3 years experience, including
willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER
certification a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established
Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and
organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing
detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work
independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is
uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society
through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide.
Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our
service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our
partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the
clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we
will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our
investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring,
developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients
and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We
achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and
living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our
People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified
candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a
video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses,
shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: ERM, Walnut Creek , Staff Environmental Engineer (Entry Level), Other , walnut creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!