CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Company: Stifel Financial
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: June 21, 2020
The Client Services Associate (NR) assists one or more Financial
Advisors (FA) with the opening and maintenance of client accounts
and records; performs a wide variety of administrative support
duties, including but not limited to, data entry, preparing
mailings, filing, answering the phone, obtaining approvals for FA
communications and advertisements; provides overall customer
service support to clients; and may enter trades as directed by the
FA(s). Series 7 and Series 66 preferred but not required. This
position will be 30-32 hours per week.
- Perform clerical functions related to opening client accounts
and ongoing account coding based on account features chosen by the
- Work with the FA(s) and the client in obtaining the required
documents based upon the type of account(s) established.
- Organize and assist in the maintenance of complete client
account and trade-related records for the FA(s) and certain
required files for the branch office.
- Perform operational or administrative functions for client
related requests (i.e., check requests, wiring funds, address
change, dividend information, etc.).
- Upon request, provide quotes and other account-related
information to assist clients (non-registered Client Service
Associates may not volunteer quote or other stock information to
- Provide reports and other information to FA(s), as
- Identify situations that need to be brought to the attention of
the FA(s) or escalated to the Branch Manager; including suspicious
client and/or employee activity or behavior.
- Perform various administrative duties (i.e., typing, filing,
answer phones, mailing documents/letters, etc.) and other duties
and projects as assigned by the FA and/or Branch Manager.
- 2 years general clerical experience required.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, spread-sheet applications, managing files
and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- General understanding of the investment brokerage industry and
- Basic knowledge of investment products.
- Basic understanding of operations system (i.e., forms and their
- Ability to organize/prioritize
- Practical problem solving
- Strong focus on providing exemplary client service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent grammar and possess phone/office etiquette
- Must be able to manage stress, meet strict deadlines under
pressure, perform with a high degree of accuracy, and consistently
provide excellent customer service.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading
full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel
serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States
and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment
firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a
leading provider of investment banking services to the middle
market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of
the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel
Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive
benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k,
wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Stifel Financial, Walnut Creek , CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE, Other , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!