Chief Technology Architect
Company: Celerity Consulting Group, Inc.
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Celerity Consulting Group, Inc. has an opening for Chief
Technology Architect. As a Chief Technology Architect, you will
bring your expertise to advise and guide organizations within the
utility industry on the strategic use of technology to enhance
their operations. This role requires a seasoned professional with a
deep understanding of utility operations, a strong grasp of
emerging technologies in Utility and Energy sectors, and the
ability to provide tailored solutions to meet the unique challenges
and opportunities in the sector.Responsibilities of this position
include but are not limited to:Technology Strategy Consulting:
- Collaborate with utility clients to understand their business
objectives and technology challenges.
- Develop and deliver technology strategies aligned with clients'
specific goals, considering industry trends and best
practices.Architecture Assessment and Design:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of existing technology
architectures within utility organizations, identify technical debt
and develop strategies to pay those down.
- Design and recommend scalable and innovative technology
solutions to optimize operations and improve efficiency.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) or Smart Grid Integration:
- Advise on the implementation of ERP or CRM systems to achieve
utility operations goals.
- Advise on smart grid technologies to enhance energy
distribution, grid resilience, and real-time monitoring
- Provide guidance on the selection and integration of smart grid
- Offer expertise in cybersecurity best practices, conducting
risk assessments, and developing strategies to protect critical
infrastructure and data.
- Assist clients in implementing robust cybersecurity measures
tailored to their specific needs.
- Innovation and Research Support:
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends
relevant to the utility sector.
- Provide research-backed recommendations on the adoption of
innovative solutions such as IoT, AI, and blockchain.Stakeholder
- Collaborate effectively with client leadership, IT teams, and
external partners to ensure the successful implementation of
- Communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and
understandable manner to stakeholders.
- Training and Knowledge Transfer:
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to transfer knowledge
and build the technical capabilities of client teams.
- Ensure a smooth transition and sustainable adoption of
recommended technology solutions.Required Qualifications:Education:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information technology,
Computer Science, or a related field.Knowledge, Skills &
- Proven experience as a technology architect or consultant
specializing in the utility or energy sector.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing technology
strategies and solutions.
- In-depth understanding of utility operations, smart grid
technologies, and industry regulations.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, IBM)
- Familiarity with energy distribution systems, grid resilience,
and real-time monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity best practices, risk
management, and the ability to protect critical infrastructure and
- Experience in implementing and maintaining robust cybersecurity
- Proven ability to think strategically and align technology
solutions with overarching organizational goals.
- Experience in contributing to digital transformation
initiatives and driving innovation.
- Proficiency in designing technology architectures, considering
scalability, integration, and alignment with industry best
- Experience in evaluating and recommending technology solutions
that meet business requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the
ability to convey complex technical concepts to diverse
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain
relationships with clients, business stakeholders, and technology
- Experience in developing and implementing change management
strategies for technology implementations.
- Ability to guide organizations through positive cultural
- Additional certifications or advanced degrees in Enterprise
Architecture, Cybersecurity, or related fields.
- Project management certification (e.g., PMP) or demonstrated
project management experience.
- A track record of contributing to and leading innovative
initiatives, leveraging emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with IoT (Internet of Things) concepts and
- Familiarity with DevOps and DevSecOps concepts
- Experience with technical capabilities governance and managing
- Working understanding of Generative AI and Large Language
- Knowledge of data science concepts and tools to enhance
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams,
including business stakeholders, operations, and executive
- Membership in relevant professional organizations or
associations related to technology architecture or the utility
- Experience in public speaking, presenting at conferences, or
contributing to thought leadership in the utility sector.
- Experience in managing relationships with technology vendors
and evaluating third-party solutions.Salary:
- Entry-Level (0-3 years of experience): $120,000 - $160,000 per
- Mid-Level (4-7 years of experience): $160,000 - $200,000 per
- Experienced (8+ years of experience): $200,000 and above per
- We are proud to offer a comprehensive health and welfare
- Opportunities for professional development and continuous
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies and industry
- Flexibility to work on diverse projects with various utility
clients.If you are a seasoned technology consultant passionate
about driving innovation in the utility sector and helping
organizations navigate complex technological landscapes, we invite
you to apply for the position of Chief Technology Architect -
Utility Sector Consultant. Join us in shaping the future of
technology in the utility industry.This position is a remote, work
from home position and does not qualify for relocation or visa
sponsorship.More about us: Celerity Consulting Group, LLC. is an
information management consulting firm that helps companies, law
firms, regulated entities, and public agencies resolve their
litigation, compliance, regulatory, and restructuring challenges.
Our services and solutions center around helping teams and
departments find, collect, process, review, analyze, manage, and
report on data and information in a defensible and efficient
manner. With locations in Los Angeles, Seattle, and the San
Francisco Bay Area. Our client base is impressive, serving Fortune
500 companies, several state attorneys general offices, some of the
largest utilities in the country, and 14 of the AmLaw 2016 top 25
law firms. See full details and meet our leadership team on our
website: Celerity is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veterans' status or other status protected by applicable law. If in
San Francisco:Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.Please note: This position is not eligible
for Visa Sponsorship. Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY
employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over
sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Keywords: Celerity Consulting Group, Inc., Walnut Creek , Chief Technology Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!