Field Engineer II - San Francisco
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Department SummaryAt DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity
through new platforms, new business models and new ways of
thinking.Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G
network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited
potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data
analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art,
radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.Job Duties
and ResponsibilitiesAs a 5G ORAN Field Engineer, you'll be out in
the field keeping our facilities and equipment in top form by
maintaining multiple locations in your assigned area. You will be
responsible for post construction checks, Single Site verification,
commissioning, site acceptance, testing and maintaining cell sites
and edge and local data center installations. Regular maintenance,
keeping inventories, doing audits. You will also be evaluating our
network coverage and finding ways to make it even better.
Activities to be Performed-
- FE will support and deploy as needed a CU-CP and CU-UP Network
Function using VMWare Telco Cloud Automation Platform. They will
run test and troubleshoot if remote config file push fails.
- FE will support and deploy as needed a DU Network Function
using VMWare Telco Cloud Automation Platform. They will run test
and troubleshoot if remote config file push fails.
- FE will be responsible to configure the CSR at the site.
- FE will be responsible for cabinet inspection to ensure there
is no post-construction issue on the site.
- FE will validate the breaker placement, GPS cable is connected,
and backhaul fiber is connected.
- Verify power and other site configuration and validate the GC
COP to ensure site is ready for commissioning.
- Verify antenna positions to confirm azimuth and abnormal tilts,
color placements etc.
- FE will be responsible for single site verification to ensure
there is no VSWR/ PIM/ RET/ swap issue using EXFO tool.
- FE will ensure fiber connection are configured correctly at the
site and at the LDC. Also, test it using the EXFO, OTDR, Fiberscope
- Verify for any faulty radios through manual checks, EXFO and
once site is configured on EMS.
- FE will work closely with the microwave and transport expert in
the market to triage and troubleshoot the problems during
integration, commissioning and post launch as needed.
- FE will be responsible for all site maintenance/ network alarm
solution and fix.
- FE will be working closely with RF and construction war room
team to triage and troubleshoot any network functionality issues
during construction, post construction and commissioning phase of
work. Skills, Experience and Requirements
- At least 3-5 years current experience in a telecommunications
role with direct experience with RAN, 4G LTE cell site
troubleshooting and testing experience.
- Familiar with testing protocols to include transport, RF, and
full base-station turn-up, commissioning, and validation
- Experience troubleshooting antenna systems from transmitter to
antenna using tools like a spectrum analyzer.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
base station equipment, radio transmitters, and Fiber network gear
and test equipment
- Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to
bring new products on-air and improve customer experience
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making
recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those
- Expertise in PIM/VSWR/MIMO/RET including knowledge of fiber and
LTE remote radio heads
- Experience with Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, or Ericsson,
base station equipment with LTE or CDMA technology. --- Telecom
experience such as T1, DACS, or OMP
- Experience with dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such
as OTDR, fiberscope
- Electronics training in telecommunications, two-way radio,
paging, or microwave radio
- Computer support experience, including troubleshooting PC
hardware and configurations
- Experience with DC power distribution systems such as Galaxy,
Alpha or Lorain.
- Training in data communications, digital communications,
operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting,
and project management preferred
- Travel required - Up to 75%
- Ability to read technical drawings such as as-builts,
construction drawings, and MOP's
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on ladders, lift over
70 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and
remain within the individual weight requirement of 335 lbs
- Bending, lifting, climbing a ladder and working on a roof or in
tight places may be required Expected Education and Experience A
technical degree in Electronics or Telecommunications or a
combination of military and industry experience will be considered.
BenefitsFrom versatile health perks to new career opportunities,
check out our benefits on our careers website .Employment is
contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, Walnut Creek , Field Engineer II - San Francisco, IT / Software / Systems , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!