Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: June 11, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... Join Verizon as we continue to
expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people,
businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the
"Fourth Industrial Revolution" (4IR) with the emergence of
technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of
Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as
healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government,
and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in
connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital
through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality,
augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles,
nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As
part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network
transformation through building a unified network across all lines
of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of
our customers connected. The purpose of this role is to serve as a
Product Owner (PO) in a SAFe Agile environment working with
development teams to develop NPP RAN Planning software.
- Driving requirements, develop process flows, develop priorities
and work with NS, HQ, and regions to develop Fuze Planning.
- Delivering health reports to provide visibility into
design/traffic/pipeline issues and implement solutions to address
- Working with customers and other Business Stakeholders to
define and prioritize stories in the Team Backlog.
- Serving as a SME for Atoll and RF propagation tools.
- Working with development and customers to drive future of RF
tools and deliver a product that meets business needs while
addressing customer needs.
- Collaborating with team members and submarkets to drive
development changes to help standardize design configurations,
equipment, and processes.
- Working as a team with the Submarket Engineers, HQ, and
Territory peers to create best practice guidelines from their
- Developing the logic to forecast RAN equipment network
- Applying the definition to give project priority guidance to
- Supplying clear, concise, and detailed person to person
communication on a daily basis with network team members.
- Increasing efficiency of tool development and creating new ways
to automate processes and reporting.
- Developing the logic to forecast RAN network needs.
- Providing concise, and detailed person to person communication
on a daily basis with network team members.*** This role can be
located out of any US based Verizon location.***Where you'll be
working...This hybrid role will have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the
manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.Even better if you
have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and support night or weekend
work as needed.
- SAFe experience.
- Leadership skills to lead projects to deliver results and be
technically competent in RF/Traffic.
- Experience in LTE, CDMA and EVDO networks and their
- Knowledge of equipment operations and network standards.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering and operations of
Nokia/ALU and/or Ericsson equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment capacity and future capabilities.
- Ability to develop reports and manipulate information using
SQL, and VBA to drive towards the automation of engineering tools
- Knowledge of VPI, MPT and other capacity planning and
- Ability to diagnose and correct various system and interworking
problems and provide simple and effective summary
- Knowledge of network capacity and performance, and ability to
prepare network plans.
- Knowledge of wireless systems, digital communication, and
- Knowledge in mapping software.
- Ability to investigate and implement alternate approaches to
resolve difficult problems.
- Capability to be flexible to attempt alternate solutions to
resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing
business environment.Notice(s) Verizon will consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Equal
Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Walnut Creek , Systems Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!