Territory Manager - California - Bay Area, Alaska, Hawaii
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Location: Walnut Creek, CAJob_Code: 5874# of Openings: 1Job
Brief Territory Manager! TERRITORY MANAGER - Alaska, Hawaii and
California - Bay Area, Alaska, Hawaii Preference given to
candidates with P&C carrier sales and/or underwriting
experience. Candidate must reside in California-Bay Area, open to
travel, and remotely cover HI and AK. Summary: The Territory
Manager will be responsible for providing a sales leadership role
for all sales and producer management processes. This position will
work in cooperation with the EMPLOYERS' Sales Plan and the
Underwriting Plan to support, assist and provide guidance to focus
our sales effort on business opportunities that are consistent with
our underwriting and financial objectives, as well as our mission
and vision statements. HP22 Essential Functions:
- Assists the region in meeting or exceeding premium goals in a
focused, efficient and profitable manner consistent with our
- Creates and sustains a producer management process that
prioritizes our customer focus.
- Monitors and evaluates our external market for new products and
- Assists with the development of education and training programs
for our customers, our underwriters, our loss control consultants
and our claims examiners in order to improve efficiency, sales and
- Completes annual producer profiles and confirms that
appropriate action plans are established.
- Operates in cooperation with our internal organization in
developing new automated efficiencies, on-line products and
improved customer communications. Maximizes usage of all current
online systems, products and services.
- Performs necessary and regular agency calls in order to
maximize production efforts and to keep the producers up to date on
company products and services. Assists in the development of the
- Actively prospects quality new appointments and terminates
those agencies that do not meet the needs of the company as
- Acts as a facilitator, trainer and problem solver in working
with agencies. Follows-up on outstanding eAccess issues to make
sure critical concerns are properly resolved.
- Conducts agency audits on a scheduled basis as needed.
Recommends appropriate action based on audit results.
- Potential national travel opportunities.
- Produces a monthly report identifying key trends in competition
and individual producer information verifying the producer
- Develops and coordinates producer functions to facilitate
production and company/producer relationships.
- The Territory Manager acts in conjunction with:
- The corporate business appetite and underwriting to provide and
monitor the amount and quality of new opportunities.
- Works with Loss Control, Underwriting, Claims to coordinate the
attainment of our production plan.
- Makes selection decisions in the field to facilitate the
quality and quantity of new business application flow.
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates. Minimum
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years of insurance and/or sales experience.
- A Territory Manager is capable of working with limited
- A technical problems solver with enough workers' compensation
rating bureau knowledge to discuss and solve audit, collection and
some underwriting problems.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Strong organizational skills
- This focused and goal-oriented position requires someone who
possesses sales skills and who can influence others through strong
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
and represent the Company professionally, both internally and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred, But Not Required
- Proven sales skills in the workers comp/insurance industry Base
Salary Range : $85,000 - $100,000 + comprehensive benefits package.
Please follow the link to our benefits page for details!
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Sits for periods of time.
- Frequent use of PC and Keyboard and phone.
- Travel throughout the territory via car or air for extended
periods of time As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers'
compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented
individual willing to put their ideas to work! We offer a positive,
challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build
your career as you help us grow our business, in innovative and
imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS -! Headquartered in
Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to its
most valuable resource, our employees across the United States.
EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide
to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for
our employees. We live and breathe our core values: Integrity,
Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability,
Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that
support how we do business with our clients as well as how we treat
each other! At EMPLOYERS , you'll discover an energetic environment
that inspires top achievement. As "America's small business
insurance specialist", we have the resources, a solid reputation
and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and
enhance your career.PI217065465
Keywords: EMPLOYERS, Walnut Creek , Territory Manager - California - Bay Area, Alaska, Hawaii, Hospitality & Tourism , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...