Team Member (Barista)
Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 5, 2022
About Peets CoffeeSince 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the
pursuit of better a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better
experience for our customers. Our goal has been to offer the best
coffees in the world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a
culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their
unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision
and mission. Our coffeebar Peetniks are passionate about our
customers, our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and
dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's
coffee. Join us!Team Member: Core PurposeThe Team Members core
purpose is to deliver an exceptional customer experience through
quality engagement, friendly, quick and genuine service and a clean
and well-stocked coffeebar. Team Members contribute to Peets
culture by being team-oriented, punctual and reliable and
laser-focused on quality and our customers.ResponsibilitiesIn
addition to modeling Peets culture and values and following
policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Customer Experience:
- Engage with customers by welcoming them, providing warm,
friendly and genuine service, understanding their needs and
thanking them for their visit.
- Brew or prepare drip coffee and teas and food items according
to Peets strict freshness and quality standards for customers.
- Maintain a customer-first attitude while working with a strong
sense of urgency.
- Actively work to increase customer traffic and sales through
sampling, product suggestions and other initiatives as directed by
- Keep a professional overall presentation, by modelling
friendly, respectful and business-appropriate communication with
coworkers and customers and by maintaining a clean and well-groomed
- Daily Operations:
- Maintain a meticulously clean and tidy coffeebar environment
through regular cleaning, stocking and organizing.
- Follow all food and safety standards.
- Accurately follow all cash handling guidelines and protect
- Key Competencies:
- Focus on Customers: Build strong relationships with customers,
anticipate their needs and provide service that exceeds their
- Commit to Learning: Actively seek to grow and develop new
skills.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. Job responsibilities can change according to the
operational needs of the business.QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a
passion for great customer service with a customer-first
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning
more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great
relationships with their coworkers.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new
information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal
- Perform variousphysical tasksduring a work shift.
- Possess the interest and ability to promote into the Barista
position by passing all required certifications and trainings
within three months of their start date.
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Walnut Creek , Team Member (Barista), Hospitality & Tourism , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!