Home therapy registered nurse
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: November 20, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Functions as part of the Home Therapies
dialysis health care team. Ensures provision of quality home
patient care in accordance with company policies, procedures and
training. Supports the company's commitment to the Quality
Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI activities, including those
related to patient satisfaction. Actively participates in process
improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients
will achieve the company's Quality Enhancement Goals
(QEP).PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Staff Related:
- Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the
delivery of home dialysis therapies to patients in compliance with
standards outlined in the facility policy and procedure manuals, as
well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and federal
- Rotates with other licensed staff to ensure adequate
- Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as
- Participates in all required staff meetings as
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by
company quality goals and standards.
- Submits CQI information to Clinical Manager for completion of
HT QAI Template for inclusion in facility CQI packet.
- Participates in all monthly CQI meetings.Education:
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of candidates for
the company Home Therapies Program, including assessment of
patients' home environment.
- Trains home patients and their families/significant others on
the safe and effective operation and maintenance (as appropriate),
of all home therapies equipment through a formal Home Therapies
- Educates patients and family regarding End Stage Renal Disease
(ESRD) and the delivery of the company Kidney Options Program.
- Assesses patient and family readiness and ability to perform
dialysis treatments at home and patients' home environment for
suitability in the ongoing delivery of home dialysis therapy.
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal
dialysis, peritoneal or vascular access and home dialysis therapy,
and other related health conditions.Dialysis Treatment:
- Provides safe and effective delivery of home therapy support
care to patients with ESRD.
- Assesses patients' response to home dialysis treatment therapy
by following predetermined protocols.
- Communicates patient related issues to the physician as
- Reports adverse patient events at home or in the clinic as well
as equipment and technology related problems to the Clinical/Home
Therapies management and physician including the correct
documentation of such events.
- Coordinates the transfer of patients to the hemodialysis clinic
when needed and appropriate.Laboratory Related:
- Reviews, transcribes, and enters physician lab orders
accurately into the Medical Information System.
- Follows company policies and government regulations related to
the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens and
reporting of results.General Duties:
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiate CPR and emergency measures in the event of a cardiac
and/or respiratory arrest when the patient is in the medical
- Administers medications as prescribed including following
algorithms (as appropriate), and document appropriate medical
justification if indicated and maintain records on controlled
substances as required by law.Maintenance/Technical:
- Maintains appropriate skill level in the operation of all home
dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to
troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via
- Directs patients in the preventative maintenance of home
therapies equipment, including water systems and analyses as
- Coordinates with the company products division on the delivery,
operation and maintenance of all home therapy dialysis
equipment.Medical Records & Documentation:
- Admits all new patients and documents as needed.
- Documents all relevant data including physician orders, lab
results, vital signs, and treatment parameters, and patient status
and any treatment related data appropriately, and enters into
Medical Information System.
- Participates in and ensures all company policies regarding
patient admission, transfer, and discharge are appropriately
- Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by
company policies and government regulations.Other:
- Performs other related duties as assignedPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noiselevels. May
be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonableaccommodations can be
- NoneEDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensureEXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of one year medical-surgical nursing experience
preferred, ICU experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year dialysis experience preferred, peritoneal
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and
practice of dialysis therapies.
- Competent at operating all Home Therapies related
- Successfully complete CPR certification with maintenance as
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities.ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:I acknowledge
that I have read and accepted this job description. - I understand
what is expected of me in this position, and I am able to perform
the essential functions as outlined with or without reasonable
accommodation. - Furthermore, I understand that the duties and
responsibilities listed in this job description are intended only
as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. - The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position. - If I have any questions
about duties and responsibilities not specified in this job
description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with
my immediate supervisor or my Human Resources representative.EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws."The rate of pay for this position will
depend on the successful candidate's work location and
qualifications, including relevant education, work experience,
skills, and competencies.
Hourly Rate: - $36.00 - $60.00"
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Walnut Creek , Home therapy registered nurse, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!