Supervisor Inpatient Pharmacy
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Provides supervision and technical/clinical direction to
pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in an Inpatient Pharmacy
setting. Ensures compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations,
and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services,
and Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies and procedures.
Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and
implementation of strategic initiatives. Responsible for the
day-to-day operations of assigned area(s).Essential
- Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development
and implementation of -pharmacy strategic initiatives and provides
technical/clinical direction and supervision to pharmacy
- Responsible for assigned -pharmacy services /activities
including day-to-day operations, drug distribution, drug education,
pharmacists clinical activities, performance
measurement/improvement, regulatory compliance, employee
development and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations,
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and
the Inpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve
quality management programs.
- Administers organizational and departmental policies and
procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision of pharmacy
staff including recommendations regarding hiring, firing,
promotion, demotion, discipline, training, performance
- As assigned, accountable for pharmacy quality, service and
- Ensures that all staff have adequate and ongoing training to
enhance and assure -job performance.
- Participates in -designing, implementing, evaluating/improving
systems, methods and processes designed to enhance quality, improve
service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. -At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. -Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of previous supervisory or functional
direction experience required. -Education
- Degree in Pharmacy required -License, Certification,
- Pharmacist License (California)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire -Additional
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise self-initiative and
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state
and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy
operations, including professional, legal, business and public
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Pharm.D preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,Walnut
Creek,Walnut Creek HospitalHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays :
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd
: 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee
Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Team
Leader/SupervisorJob Category : PharmacyDepartment : Walnut Creek
Hospital - Inpatient Pharmacy-2 - 0201Travel : NoKaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Walnut Creek , Supervisor Inpatient Pharmacy, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...