Clinical Nursing Director - Perioperative Services
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Sign-on bonus eligible position!----Plans, organizes, directs,
evaluates and coordinates inpatient-nursing services within a
service line. Collaborates with KFHP/H and the Medical Group staff
in the development and execution of strategic plans, providing
quality care, and managing cost-effective services which are
aligned with federal, state, and local regulations. --Responsible
for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned
areas of accountability. --Responsible for the quality of nursing
care and services to patients in their assigned areas of
responsibility. Accountable for the following areas dependent upon
medical center beds and services offered: -- Adult Services: Med
Surg, Dialysis, Clinical Dietician, Critical Care, TCU, RT, ED if
applicable. Maternal Child Health: Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics,
PICU, NICU, Maternity, and Normal Newborns (may be combined with
Perioperative). -- Perioperative: OR, PACU, Central Sterile,
Ambulatory Surgery Centers (may be combined with MCH). Maintains
key Relationships with Clinical and Administrative Director peers,
Chiefs of Service, other department directors reporting to
Assistant Administrators for clinical and operations, regional PCS,
AMGAs, community peers.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with CNO and other medical center management in
identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices
with an emphasis on quality of care, service improvements and cost
- With TPMG partner, directs development and implementation of
quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to
ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of
services and cost effective utilization of necessary services.
Builds trust with the nursing team through visibility.
- Coordinates with TPMG to provide for the seamless transition of
patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships
with facility leadership groups. In collaboration with medical
staff and facility leadership ensures a superior care experience
and a safe environment with patients and staff. Ensures policies,
practices, and procedures comply with administrative, legal and
regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and
governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Provides clinical and professional oversight for areas of
- Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies
such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost
Initiative including OR Back-log, Patient satisfaction.
- Through the hiring, retention, and development of internal
staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios and
optimal patient outcomes with minimal dependence on premium pay
(overtime and registry/traveler staff).
- Mentors nursing managers in development of leadership skills,
fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional
development of staff, and outcomes based practice. --
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified
by regulatory agencies including policies and procedures.
- Develops services that achieve a high level of customer
satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards
of quality and innovation. --
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee
and department safety and risk management issues.
- Enhances nursing practice and patient outcomes through the
effective use of clinical practice and GRASP committees.
- Participates in developing the hospitals plan for the
recruitment and retention of nursing resources to ensure that a
sufficient number of qualified staff members are available to meet
the needs of the patients.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the
delivery of patient care and member services.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care
provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations.
Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health
Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect
- Directs the budget and resource allocations for designated
departments. Manages the financial performance and identifies and
implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care
- Communicates effectively as hospitals advocate to members of
the community, continually seeking ways to improve and promote the
public relations objective of the hospital and marketing
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. --At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the
right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. --Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum seven (7) years of nursing experience in patient
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Masters in Nursing or Bachelors in Nursing with Masters degree
in related field.--License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage through influence and
- Proven ability to deliver results for meeting organizational
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
such as: Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, Nurse Practice Act, The
Joint Commission, and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in
- National Certification preferred within 1 year of hire
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Magnet/shared governance experience preferred
- Managing in a collective bargaining environment preferred
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or PhD in Nursing preferredJob
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Walnut Creek , Clinical Nursing Director - Perioperative Services, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...