Behavioral Medicine Specialist Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 16, 2023
In a Consultant-Liaison role, evaluates and diagnosis Health
Plan members seen in primary care who have mental disorders or
behavioral conditions that affect or are a consequence of their
medical condition.Essential Responsibilities:
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement,
coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that
may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy,
psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and
maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with
state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to
encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of
nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage
physician time and develop appropriate patterns of
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC
team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts
program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department,
Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education,
specialty behavioral medicine services and other Medical Teams as
- Masters degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required
from an accredited college or university.--License, Certification,
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (California) OR
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (California)--Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of learning theory and behavioral medicine.
- Knowledge of state regulations and licensing standards related
to client treatment, patient rights, and client/patient
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team, and in a
primary care environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting.Job Schedule:
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care,
Northern California LMMHP
Keywords: Kaiser, Walnut Creek , Behavioral Medicine Specialist Licensed Masters Mental Health Professional, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...