RNA (Restorative Nursing Assistant)
Company: Tampico Healthcare Center
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Tampico Healthcare Center - RNA POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Restorative Aide
delivers efficient and effective restorative nursing care while
achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family
satisfaction. He/she will provide care within the standards of
practice as accorded by Certification. The Restorative Aide
functions under the direction of the licensed nurse and in
consultation with Rehabilitation to promote the patient's ability
to attain and maintain his/her maximum functional potential and
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing
2. Two years' experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant and
knowledge of restorative nursing philosophy and procedures.
3. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency
diploma is preferred.
4. Basic knowledge of computer uses or willingness to learn.
5. Must attend a minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs
provided by the facility in order to maintain certification.
6. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write,
speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the
safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site
when responding to their medical and physical needs.
7. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as
required by state law and in accordance with facility policy. TSTs
will be administered at the work site if required.
1. Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering
simple treatments and providing related bedside patient care
services, as permitted by state regulation.
2. Knowledge of basic medical asepsis, sterile techniques and
3. Willing to work rotating shifts and different units.
1. Oversees, directs and participates in restorative programs
initiated for individual patients;
2. Communicates with the Nursing and Rehabilitation Departments
concerning goal setting and approaches to individual patient
3. Participates in care planning process;
4. Provides safe restorative care;
5. Responsible for facilitating the transition of patients from
skilled rehab services to the restorative programs;
6. Maintains accurate restorative nursing progress/documentation
records on all patients participating in any restorative
7. Uses electronic medical record- ADL according to the facility
policies, if applicable;
8. Trains other direct care staff in restorative techniques and
assists in providing that care;
9. Instructs and assists other direct care staff with the
application of splints, braces, prosthetic appliances, and
self-help devices to assure proper application and usage;
10. Notifies Nursing and/or Rehab of patients who may be
experiencing a change in their level of functioning;
11. Maintains proficiency in using wheelchairs, walkers, canes,
lifts, scales and other equipment used in the restorative programs,
and is able to instruct others in their use;
12. Assists in communicating with patients and families concerning
13. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents.
Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
14. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and
15. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide
timely effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices
16. Contributes to an environment that is respectful,
team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients
17. Participates in quality improvement activities as
18. May be requested to function as CNA if needed;
19. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state
staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
Keywords: Tampico Healthcare Center, Walnut Creek , RNA (Restorative Nursing Assistant), Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!