Surgical Technologist - FT 40 hours/week
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: September 17, 2022
DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Surgical Technologist works under the supervision of the
Operating Room Manager/Director of Nursing, according to the
organizational structure, and at the direction of Registered
Nurses; performs surgical scrubbing and assists with Endoscopy
procedures (if applicable). Assures proper care and maintenance of
all surgical instrumentation and equipment while maintaining the
sterile field. Demonstrates good knowledge of principles and
practices of aseptic technique and infection control. Demonstrates
knowledge of all equipment, instruments, procedures and supplies
utilized in the operating room.
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists help prepare the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows hospital regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patients to the operating room, help position them on
the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observe patients' vital signs, check charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Help prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, help transfer patients to the recovery room
and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary
to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients in the
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and
development of the life span and the posses the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his/her
age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in
the center's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills in the nursing
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal
relationships with patients, co-workers, and other health team
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of approved surgical technician program, CST
certification, or documented experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in the Operating Room and
*Endoscopy center preferred. *(If applicable at center)
- Ability to achieve CPR certification within 60 days of
- Ability to relate and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English
communications for safe and effective patient care and to meet
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for own professional advancement.
- Is aware of surgical technician standards and performs in
accordance with them.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Walnut Creek , Surgical Technologist - FT 40 hours/week, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!