Dialysis Charge Registered Nurse- RN - Hourly
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: September 11, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Ensure
quality patient care while maintaining cost-effective clinical
operations in accordance with all legal, compliance, and regulatory
requirements and programs. As the Charge Nurse, manages the daily
decisions to ensure continuity of care to maintain patient and
staff safety and oversees the delivery of safe effective quality
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to direct
patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis
and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation.
Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring,
firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to
Facility Administrator and initiate as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all company and facility approved
procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state
and federal agencies.
- Approve or disapprove time or personnel schedule changes in the
absence on the Facility Administrator ensuring compliance with
applicable regulations, policies and procedures for documenting
time of work hours for staff members on assigned shift.
- Participate in patient care plan meetings.
- Maintain knowledge in the current practices related to the
principles and techniques of dialysis by participating in all
scheduled in- services.
- Train and orient staff as necessary.
- Routinely observe and guide direct patient care staff for
appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and
- Promote and assist with compliance to OSHA programs in order to
maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and
- With Facility Administrator conduct staff meetings at least
monthly or as needed to keep patient care staff informed of changes
in patient care needs or operations to improve delivery of
- Meet routinely with the Facility Administrator to discuss
personnel and patient care status, issues, and information.
- Supervise all documentation of patient information.
- Coordinate Charge Nurse duties with Staff RNs acting in the
relief charge capacity.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute
patient care assignments appropriately.
- Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation.
- Assess patient needs, respond to dialysis treatments, and
communicate concerns to rounding physician. Implement changes in
patient care/treatment as directed.
- Monitor and supervise all patient care activity during dialysis
and assist as necessary.
- Collaborate with direct patient care team in making decisions
to benefit patient care.
- Continuously monitor patient's condition with regards to
problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physician's orders.
- Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff
- Supervise and participate in completion of short and long term
- Admit new patients according to facility procedure.
- Ensure educational needs of patients are met and educate the
patient and family about End Stage Renal Disease, dialysis therapy,
diet and medication.
- Supervise the safe and effective use of all equipment involved
in direct patient care.
- Operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and
efficiently when needed.
- Perform required testing and verification and initial the
checklist for start-up and shut-down procedures as outlined in the
Technical Services Manual.
- Complete Nurse's Technical Training Program/Water Quality
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by the
- Assist with the interviewing of potential direct patient care
- Promote efficient use of medical supplies.
- Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assurance meetings.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be
- Direct Patient Care Staff, Ward Clerk as assigned. EDUCATION :
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (R.N.)
- Must be registered and licensed to practice in the applicable
State. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 12 months of nursing experience, plus 6 months of
specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis
patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
- Medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR
- Good communication skills - verbal and written. EO/AA Employer:
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Walnut Creek , Dialysis Charge Registered Nurse- RN - Hourly, Healthcare , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!