Manager of Design (Art Director)
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: August 17, 2019
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The Manager of Design (Art Director) provides design leadership to
our growing in-house creative team. This position is responsible
for connecting the creative approach to the business. The role
guides the concept and visual creation and sets the creative
direction for every consumer and employee touchpoint. The Manager
of Design (Art Director) must be able to convincingly present
creative to all parties. This person must exhibit outstanding
creative and design judgment and guide the Creative Team in
achieving the highest possible standards appropriate for all
materials regardless of channel. The Manager of Design (Art
Director) obtains a working knowledge of clients business
challenges and leads innovative and conceptual solutions to address
those challenges, getting personally involved on high profile and
complex creative challenges. The Manager of Design (Art Director)
consistently uplevels the creativity generated by team members.
How you will make an impact:
* Brings a design thinking mentality to every consumer and employee
* Works harmoniously with other members of the creative team to get
work done at a high level and leads the design team in a
* Has deep experience in digital design principles and channels
including social media, web, presentations, and ad formats.
* Encourages individuals to take on specific roles to deepen
existing or develop new skills.
* Builds a collective team vision and defines goals and
* Promotes the professional development of department by
encouraging staff to stay abreast on current design trends and
* Provides creative direction and coaching while partnering with
staff to accomplish creative objectives.
* Provides creative quality control over concepts and
* Directs complex, large-scale project activities and effectively
leads and manages work of the creative team.
* Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches,
layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
* Directs and is accountable for the final development and
production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to
detail, and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
* Brainstorms strategies with creative team to help develop
creative direction and leads execution of creative work on select
projects including development of ideas.
* Provides brand guidance and direction to ensure consistent
alignment with brand standards.
* Motivates the team to deliver a consistently high level of
quality as evaluated by clients.
* Works to improve the team s performance by pursuing opportunities
for continuous learning/feedback.
* Constructively helps and coaches team in their professional
development through informal and formal feedback sessions.
* Guides the workload, development, and growth of all the
* Implements and refines conceptual development/ideation process
and defines and coaches team on presentation expectations.
* Exhibits a can-do approach and inspires and motivates associates
* Fosters a team spirit that is reflective of their collective
* Nurtures a culture that is fun to work in and helps build an open
* Proactively addresses staff performance issues.
* Builds strong relationships with internal client and is perceived
as a credible, trusted advisor.
* Partners with internal clients to achieve effective outcomes in
an efficient manner.
* Works with clients to articulate creative needs concisely, yet
* Appropriately balances client desires, business requirements and
What we look for:
* Bachelor s degree in design, advertising or a related field is
* Minimum of 7 years professional experience required.
* Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
* Portfolio required.
* Big picture thinker.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage differing
viewpoints so the final product remains true to the objective.
* Proven leadership skills to maximize team talents.
* Hands on experience in design.
* Effective communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrates experience in brand development as well as
traditional and emerging multichannel marketing.
* Develops creative strategies to address marketing and business
* Articulates the creative rationale that drives the concept s
execution and tactics.
* Directs team as brand advocates, but also encourages and develops
new interpretations of the brand standards and out-of-the-box
approaches to grow the verbal and visual
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Walnut Creek , Manager of Design (Art Director), Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!