Senior Project Manager/Program Manager, Alternative Fueling
Company: Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Stantec Jobs - Senior Project Manager/Program Manager,
Alternative Fueling in Walnut Creek, California, United States We
Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords Flexible Working
Locations Browse by Location Senior Project Manager/Program
Manager, Alternative Fueling - Stantec Jobs Job Information Senior
Project Manager/Program Manager, Alternative Fueling Walnut Creek ,
California Senior Project Manager/Program Manager, Alternative
Fueling - ( 220001ZU )DescriptionThe race to reduce global
greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions is heating up. Whether it is power
production, transportation, manufacturing, or agriculture, every
sector is looking for ways to promote sustainability and reduce
carbon emissions.Join our team where we strive to exceed
expectations by fully comprehending our client's needs,
interpreting them in creative and cost-effective ways, and by
providing superb service and responsive follow-up.Your
OpportunityStantec delivers best in class project delivery through
professional project management - executing exceptionally for
clients around the globe. Stantec is seeking a project/program
manager to lead alternative fueling projects, including EV charging
infrastructure, Hydrogen fueling, CNG Fueling and other energy
transition related projects.This position can be located in any key
Stantec-office location, with a preference for locations with an
Energy presence in the Western United States.Your Key
- As the project/program manager, you will lead and motivate
cross-functional teams consisting of but not limited to engineers,
land/environmental planners, surveyors, procurement specialists,
cost analysts, schedulers, and subcontractors in the day-to-day
management of all project aspects, from inception to close-out. You
will be responsible for the execution and delivery of your assigned
projects/programs within the approved scope, budget and schedule,
meeting or exceeding established safety and quality standards. You
will have overall project management responsibility and be the
single point of contact for your assigned projects. Assignments
will have high visibility and require extensive project management
skills. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Lead and participate in project planning, scheduling,
developing cost estimates, and establishing critical project
objectives utilizing knowledge gained in previous public and
- Provides leadership and guidance in multiple facets of projects
including safety, quality, engineering, procurement, construction,
environmental compliance, project controls, and public/community
- Lead and coordinate directly with project discipline leads to
establish development and distribution of deliverables per project
schedule and requirements.
- Ensure projects are executed per client's governance and
project management standards and procedures, as well as Stantec's
Project Management Framework
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while
interfacing with the client for proposal and project related
- Develop new and manage existing subcontractor relationships
based on previous experience in the public and private space.
- Develop and implement a project execution plan (PEP), including
engineering, procurement, and construction execution, the quality
assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project
staffing plan, organization chart, and procurement plan. This
includes training of new project team members on the PEP.
- Analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule, and
costs to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage downstream contract administration including Request for
Information (RFI's), submittals, change management, contract
closeout, and claims mitigation.
- Analyze and approve internal and external reports including
project scheduling, budgeting, cash flow forecast, and project
- Manage and audit the project documentation (including daily
construction field reports) and filing systems.
- Lead Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) planning and
building permit process.
- Work with construction project manager, superintendents, and
site manager to verify compliance of subcontractors and client
contractors with contract documents, safety & health requirements,
quality, and schedule.
- Adhere to Stantec and Client safety programs, training and
policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health
performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Create and oversee project non-conformance reporting
process.QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project management skills, with experience in
organizing, planning, and executing public and private projects
from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel,
contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience working with Authorities Having
Jurisdiction (AHJ) through the project planning and permitting
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including
defining and setting the direction for a team, and project;
strategy development; change management; and corporate
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making,
including making sound defensible business decisions; and
identifying, assessing, evaluating, and solving complex
- Demonstrated successful experience in project earned value
management, including analysis of cost and schedule variances,
development of bottoms-up estimates to complete, and analysis of
estimates at completion to ensure successful project management
during all project stages.
- Understanding of legal, insurance, environment, and safety
implications and requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, and risk
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplify a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to be an independent thinker capable of solving
problems within a team environment by analyzing technical issues,
applying underlying principles, and delivering cost-effective
solutions that provide value to clients.
- Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be
- Business computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite
Programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS-Project, MS-Teams,
SharePoint etc.), as well as ability to learn and become proficient
in using clients' required software and applications.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require
the successful passing of a drug & alcohol screenEducation and
- Minimum 7-10 years' relevant experience in project management
preferably for large engineering, design, and construction projects
for energy sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences. (Master's Degree
is a plus)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred. (Electrical
or Civil P.E. license is a plus)This description is not a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that may be required of the employee and other duties,
responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed
at any time with or without notice.Stantec is a place where the
best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do
exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergizedPrimary Location
: United States-California-BakersfieldOther Locations : United
States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Texas-Plano, United
States-California-Sacramento, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas,
United States-Nevada-Reno, United States-California-San Diego,
United States-California-Pasadena, United States-Texas-Houston,
United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Walnut
Creek, United States-Colorado-Denver, United
States-Arizona-ChandlerOrganization : BC-2057 Energy-US
WestEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : ManagerTravel : Yes, 25 %
of the TimeSchedule : Full-timeJob Posting : Feb 10, 2023, 10:18:34
AMReq ID: 220001ZUStantec provides equal employment opportunities
to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current
employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit
discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring,
referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training,
terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in
compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and
ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO
including Disability/Protected Veterans Apply Now
- Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
- Senior Project Manager/Program M...
- Walnut Creek
- Clear All
Keywords: Stantec Consulting International Ltd., Walnut Creek , Senior Project Manager/Program Manager, Alternative Fueling, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...