Key Account Manager (Utility Scale)
Company: Canadian Solar Inc.
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 24, 2023
About UsCanadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a
vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and
custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar's
world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers
to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs.
Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world's
fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed
on the NASDAQ since November 2006.Position SummaryThe Key Account
Manager will be responsible for managing the complete sales cycle
from opportunity origination to contract execution and managing the
relationship with strategic, utility-scale clients for our module
and system components business in North America.
- Manage the relationship with key accounts, identify, quote,
follow up, track progress, and close sales opportunities.
- Negotiate complex contracts and understand all influencing
factors of the client's decision-making process. Bring-in and
manage technical, legal, planning, operations, logistics, and
financial internal resources to support and execute deals.
- Interact with new and existing clients and prospects on a
regular basis to understand customer requirements, both technical
- Determine, understand, develop, and manage project
opportunities in the solar PV Utility Scale market segment and
quote and manage product and solution offers.
- Manage long sales cycles, provide account forecasts, and keep
the company's CRM and other company information tools up to
- Analyze the market for potential new clients and accounts for
Canadian Solar and structure the respective opportunities pipeline.
Reach out to potential new clients and establish
- Develop together with the Canadian Solar USA leadership team
strategies to position Canadian Solar as one of the key product and
solution provider in the utility-scale, North American PV Market
and incorporate these in the day-to-day activities.
- Schedule, manage, participate, and run special customer events,
customer trainings, client panels and other activities to maintain
and strengthen the relationship between client and Canadian Solar.
This will include customer trips to tour and audit the ingot,
wafer, cell, and module factories of Canadian Solar together with
the client / prospect.
- Run account reviews and manage the payment balance of all
respective key accounts
- Travel up to 50% - Flexible schedule will be required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.Qualifications &
- Must have at least five (5) years of solar experience.
- High degree of Solar PV knowledge preferred and highly
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex contractual
negotiations involving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with value selling and designing an account
- Demonstrated ability to find and signup new clients, accounts
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to
work with others effectively.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in management, administration, engineering,
supply chain or related field
- Learn and understand existing customers and prospects business
- Position and promote value selling of our products.
- Close contracts and obtain purchase orders.
- Research and locate new potential prospects.
- Confirm/determine prospects needs, their unknown issues and
reason to change vendors.
- Leverage our products and company's unique capabilities and
- Find the decision makers business and personal decisions to
make or change order.
- Initiate creative solutions to customer needs.
- Collect and share competitive information from the field to
assist in marketing strategies.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively
- Great work ethic, can-do personality, competitive and
- We foster a team environment; honesty and meeting commitments
are key values.Compensation & BenefitsCanadian Solar offers a
competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and
performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan,
medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO time, and casual sick
days. Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Canadian Solar Inc., Walnut Creek , Key Account Manager (Utility Scale), Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...