Company: The Hartford
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 19, 2023
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then youve landed in the right place. Online Job
Posting The Hartford's Group Benefits segment is a market leader in
life and disability insurance and an expanding suite of voluntary
products and services, providing businesses with the employee
benefits solutions necessary to attract and retain top talent. The
Hartford sets the standard for helping individuals reclaim their
lives in the face of disability or personal crisis. Presale/Add
- Partners with Regional Account Executive and Underwriting on
plan design and rate negotiations for Add Issue business in Group
- Actively supports pre-sale / finalist activities in conjunction
with internal business partners. - This includes occasional travel
to participate in finalist meetings, typically on short notice.
- Partners with Implementation Team and Regional Account
Executive on data gathering process, including attending
- Attends face-to-face meetings.
- Partners with Implementation Team to set appropriate
expectations with clients and brokers about standard contract
provisions and potential exceptions. Effectively communicates
guidelines and expectations for Account Administration.
- Partner with Voluntary Support Team for any voluntary
- Completes Booklet and Bill review
- Conduct EmployerView onboarding
- Conducts Welcome Call
- Provide Plan Administration review to Employers including, but
not limited to portability/conversion, continuation provisions,
instructions for calculating premium and premium remittance etc.
- Sets appropriate expectations with clients and brokers about
standard contract provisions and potential exceptions. Effectively
communicates guidelines and expectations for Account
- Review First Time Claim Report to ensure that Tax reporting is
correct. - As needed, coordinate execution of a revised tax
services agreement. -
- Effective Customer Service Administration / Issue resolution
(liaison with underwriting, claims, billing, etc.). Coordinates the
day-to-day service and administrative requirements by effectively
assessing customer concerns, networking with the appropriate
resources and providing creative solutions to customer needs.
Effectively utilizes support staff and HO customer service
resources when appropriate.
- Effective Pro-Active Customer / Broker Interface. Effectively
plans for and schedules meetings with clients with a specific
pro-active agenda. Promotes Value Added Services and new products,
services and offerings. Ensures contract features and benefits meet
clients ongoing needs and administrative procedures.
- Makes recommendations for change where appropriate. Keeps
abreast of clients changing benefits/HR needs/corporate landscape
(mergers & acquisitions). Identifies and coordinates annual
enrollment activity/communication requirements. Actively supports
Book of Business growth objectives by identifying and pursuing
opportunities for new and/or increased lines of coverage in
conjunction with the Regional Account Executive. Partners with
Regional Account Executive to educate and develop relationships
with Brokers and their staff.
- Responsible for managing a defined book of business consisting
of Regional Account (500-4,999 lives) customers. - This includes
stewardship meetings with customers based on each customer's
preference and needs, which is typically 1 - 4 times per year. -
- Collaboration with internal business partners to address
- Develops and executes comprehensive book of business strategy
consistent with organizational initiatives, profitability &
persistency targets, segment requirements, and individual
- Drives the renewal process in collaboration with the Regional
Account Executive and the Underwriter, engaging other business
partners as appropriate.
- Primary liaison between customer, producer, underwriter,
voluntary sales manager and internal business partners to ensure
customer needs are addressed, bringing in the right resources at
the right time. - This includes keeping the Regional Account
Executive informed, engaging them as needed.
- Partner with Voluntary Support Team for any voluntary
- Proactively participates in Strive initiatives.
- Maintains all areas of the customer specific records in the
appropriate systems. Maintains all appropriate case correspondence
and relevant account management information, per the Document
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, for the
benefit of individual customers and the broader customer base, and
takes action as appropriate.
- Aggressively looks for cross-selling and other relationship
opportunities within GB and throughout Hartford Financial
- Understand and effectively communicate basic underwriting
principles, claims experience and pricing justifications to
Producers and Customers
- At least once annually and each time there is a new Employer
Benefits/HR Contact, provide Plan Administration review to
Employers including, but not limited to portability/conversion,
continuation provisions, instructions for calculating premium and
premium remittance etc.
- Consults with customers to manage ongoing changes to reporting
that align with our standard offering. - Works with business
partners to implement eligibility feeds and then helps facilitate
ongoing issue resolution and file feed changes.
- Participates in special projects which support organizational
needs, effectively assessing and communicating business
- Attends and participates in all mandatory training, meetings,
- Minimum 2 years of Disability and Life Group Benefits
experience, emphasis on account management is preferred.
- 4 year college degree preferred or equivalent work
- As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain
the Group Life & Health license.
- Must complete ongoing Continuing Education requirements in a
timely manner to maintain license(s).
- Ability to facilitate meetings and/or present to groups of
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, &
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. - Will
include presentations to Customers.
- Ability to convey The Hartford's value proposition and
differentiators in the marketplace.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple
priorities at once.
- Ability to build rapport, and develop/maintain strong
relationships with internal/external partners
- Ability to work independently
- Group Benefits Disability Specialist designation would be a
- Demonstrates good leadership skills Compensation The listed
annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar
positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and
may be above or below the listed range based on factors including
but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of
competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one
component of The Hartford's total compensation package for
employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses,
long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized
base pay range for this role is: $72,320 - $108,480 Equal
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age About Us --
-Culture & Employee Insights -- -Diversity, Equity and Inclusion --
-Benefits Client Relationship Manager - SA08AE --- Skills:
Keywords: The Hartford, Walnut Creek , Client Manager, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...