Information Technology Specialist (Data Management) - 12 Month Register
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 16, 2023
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Leading a project to develop and implement new IBM data management schema.
* Planning and coordinating the development of data structures and access strategies in alignment with business and mission requirements in the IBM mainframe environment.
* Developing technical designs, identifying systems requirements, validating data sources, establishing testing, implementation, and post-implementation support procedures; developing user instructions; and coordinating the evaluation and selection of data management tools for the IBM mainframe environment.
* Planning and managing the migration of IBM databases to new technologies, such as the migration from client-server to Web-enabled databases.
* Planning and overseeing the installation or reinstallation process and coordinating with specialists in other functional areas to resolve connectivity, compatibility, reliability, security, and related issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
* To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement/enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-13: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet the following requirements. You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service: This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving.
Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
In addition, this experience must include work that consisted of developing logical data models to be translated into workable physical database schema and structures in the database development process; Selecting modeling methodologies and tools (e.g., CASE data modeling products); generating models that are capable of accommodating new and unanticipated business requirements and processes; verifying met integrity; and maintaining and revising existing models.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS GS-13: Under merit promotion procedures, Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. Time is credited based on calendar time served in a grade, regardless of the number of days or hours worked. If you currently hold or have previously held a position at the same (or equivalent) or higher grade/level in the Federal government as of this announcement, you will meet the TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
* The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a Bargaining Unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - NO
* If this position is covered by a formal development plan, pay retention will be offered where applicable based on law and regulation.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement 11/21/2023. The register will be used to fill an anticipated 6. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered 02/01/2023, 05/25/2023, 08/23/2023, 11/21/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 5 workdays prior to the cut-off date or the final selection date.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Walnut Creek , Information Technology Specialist (Data Management) - 12 Month Register, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
here to apply!