Director, Local Market Product Strategy Lead (Product Management Dir Sr)
Company: Elevance Health
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Director,Local Market Product StrategyLead (Product Management
Dir Sr) Location: Aligned to an Elevance Health office, but
eligible to work remotely. Ideally the candidate would sit in
California or Nevada, but willing to consider other locations for
the best fit candidate. We are searching fora Local Market Product
Strategy Leader responsible for leading the development and
implementation of complex product strategies to complement current
local market product teams in our California and Nevada markets.
This individual will provide a new connection with local market
leaders; working closely with senior leadership (ex. Plan
Presidents) to turbo-charge growth. How you will make an
- Developing competitive local market strategy across products
and segments and serve as the single point of strategic
accountability at the local plan level across the product
- Providing insights to the local markets from the Products and
- Communicating local market insights to the Product and Segments
- Partnering with product managers to achieve superior execution
of product strategy in the marketplace.
- Contributing to our RFP responses.
- Presenting Elevance Health solution strategy, either across all
products or for a specific solution family, at client, broker, or
- Creating Elevance Health responses to competitor activity in
- Tracking individual product performance by benefit design,
market segment, and sub-region.
- Identifying system needs to support short and long term product
- Leading efforts/managing project teams in the implementation of
complex regional and companywide initiatives including portfolio
repositioning in a market, legislative changes, network/provider
changes/ medical management program and policy initiatives, etc.
Minimum Requirements: Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 7
years of related experience; or any combination of education and
experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Preferred
Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience and knowledge in healthcare product management
- Demonstrated results in three or more of the following areas:
Product Development, Product Strategy, Product Sales, Market
Strategy, or Market Research strongly preferred.
- Experience in sales or product marketing for commercial
segments in health insurance.
- Deep understanding of market trends and developments in
commercial segments (Individual, Small Group, and Large
- Knowledge of commercial customers and customer needs in the
- Strong understanding of market-leading practices, competitive
intelligence, and cutting-edge innovation in the market.
- Experience in building strong internal and external
relationships with key teams/stakeholders.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal
communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate
expectations between multiple parties.
- Experience interacting confidently with senior management, as s
subject matter expert and comfortable with influencing
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, most notably Excel,
PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and Word.
- MBA preferred. For candidates working in person or remotely in
the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position
is $117,920 to $222,868 Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada;
Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY
and Westchester County, NY In addition to your salary, Elevance
Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package,
incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k
contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is
based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by
the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay
opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any
other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity
laws . * The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good
faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role
at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the
future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on
geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending
on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No
amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount
is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions
of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability
of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of
compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular
employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until
paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion,
consistent with the law.
Keywords: Elevance Health, Walnut Creek , Director, Local Market Product Strategy Lead (Product Management Dir Sr), Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!