Global Account Manager (GAM) - Walnut Creek, CA
Company: Cogent Communications
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Cogent Communications is a global, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP,
consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world,
and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker
symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with
high-speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services.
Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides
IP services in over 218 markets globally. Since its inception,
Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of
the largest and highest-capacity IP networks in the world. This
network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at
highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer
support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and
network monitoring. A generous base salary, structured tenure pay
increases, and an uncapped commissions plan offer you unlimited
earnings potential. A full benefits package takes effect within 30
days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also
- Hunting to identify new business opportunities within a global
sales territory and target market segments of IP Transit, Content
creators/hosters, Carriers/wholesalers, and Netcentric
- Through direct calling, email, and contact efforts you will
identify, qualify, and generate these new business opportunities by
working directly with Key Decision Makers.
- Compliment prospecting and selling efforts through onsite
customer meetings as needed.
- Use consultative and relationship-building selling techniques
to identify current and future connectivity solutions.
- Help Cogent customers and prospects by positioning our services
for new business by leveraging the global network footprint that
includes commercial and retail buildings, carrier-neutral hotels,
data centers, and colocation facilities. Qualifications:
- 3-8+ years of solid, B2B sales experience in a telecom arena
with collocation, wholesale experience, and data transit and
- Proven experience with a track record of success in direct
hunting, B2B sales roles, and quota achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and generate new
business through extensive prospecting and research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with revenue
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft
Office and CRM is a plus
- A college degree is preferred
- This is an in-office position five days a week to best support
your success, allowing for focused mentorship, training, and
personal coaching. COVID-19 Policy:
- Cogent has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy
that requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, including
one booster shot against COVID-19. Prior to beginning employment,
new employees must provide proof of vaccination or apply for and
receive an accommodation to be exempt from the policy.By submitting
an application or resume for this position, I understand that is an
in-office position and agree to abide Cogent's mandatory
vaccination policy.To apply for the Global Account Manager
position, please submit your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com .Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Cogent Communications, Walnut Creek , Global Account Manager (GAM) - Walnut Creek, CA, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!