General Manager, MSS Business Unit, North America
Company: Canadian Solar Inc.
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: June 18, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION Have you been looking for the right job
opportunity? Now is the time to consider being part of our evolving
and growing team that is embarked on a journey to bring hope to
your career endeavors. Leave the status quo behind and play an
instrumental role in delivering renewable power to the world. What
are you waiting for? Come join us! #makethedifference-Work in an
inclusive, global environment-Contribute to the saving the earth
from global warming-Continue to learn, grow and be challenged in a
fast-growing industry-Have fun and connect with great people and
managersCompany Summary:Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a
vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and
custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar's
world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers
to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs.
Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world's
fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed
on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal
opportunity employer. Job Title: General Manager, MSS Business
Unit, North AmericaDepartment: SalesLocation: Walnut Creek,
CAReports to: Corporate Vice President, Global Sales, Module &
Systems SolutionsPosition Summary:The General Manager is
responsible for overseeing/directing the business development and
sales activities of all of the organization's products and services
in North America in a cost effective and profitable manner. This
individual will develop sales strategies based on sales volumes for
all sales channels based on the country's market share and market
circumstances. The ideal candidate will manage all activities and
personnel and will provide direction and clear communication on how
to achieve the company's defined and agreed targets. The candidate
shall have the knowledge on how to effectively prepare budget plans
as well as sales plans to achieve the company's overall goal.
- Develop and implement and monitor short term and long-term
business strategies and initiatives for solar components and
- Responsible for the management and execution of assigned
projects, including interfacing with other company divisions or
functional groups to ensure projects meet revenue, market share,
margin and performance goals.
- Lead and develop staff members to meet organizational goals and
- Oversee all sales account activities and team activities within
the designated region including direct and proactive selling
- Be the main guide for the division to help on strategy and
coaching of team leaders to effectively use time and effort.
- Develop sales budgets, marketing strategies and forecasts for
assigned products or product line/region.
- Analyze and collect market and customer requirements for
existing and future products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as
competitive posture of the company.
- Responsible of maintaining a stable and effective profit margin
for the business unit.
- Other job related duties as assigned by Corporate VP, Global
Sales or by the CEO and President of Canadian SolarKey
Competencies/Education/ExperienceSkills Required (Cognitive,
Communication, Leadership, Interpersonal):
- BS degree or equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in sales, preferably
in a multi-disciplinary technical environment or in renewable
- Demonstrated ability and experience to work in an international
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Team player and strong self-management / entrepreneurial
skills.Compensation and Benefits: Canadian Solar offers a
competitive salary.Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Canadian Solar Inc., Walnut Creek , General Manager, MSS Business Unit, North America, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!