SBA Loan Closing Manager
Company: MRINetwork Jobs
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionImmediate opening for an SBA Loan Closing Manager
with a very successful, regional financial institution. One of the
fastest growing SBA lenders in the U.S. This role is responsible
for coordinating loan closings, preparing and reviewing complex
loan documents, booking and funding loans, and ensuring all loan
documents are accurately prepared in accordance with Bank policy
and regulatory requirements, while providing an exceptional
customer experience. Will also perform Team Lead functions and
mentor junior SBA Closing Officers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply job knowledge and documentation expertise to a diverse
array of complex lending products.
- Closing and documenting SBA loans in compliance with the
- Prepare complex commercial loan documents using in-house
documentation software platform (LaserPro or Word templates) for
new loans, renewals, extensions and modifications.
- Conduct lien searches and related due diligence tasks to
determine appropriate actions to resolve outstanding lien issues
and deliver lien documents to designated vendors.
- Review loan documents prepared by other associates or outside
counsel to ensure compliance with the Bank's loan policy,
applicable banking regulations and with any other requirements
designated by the credit approval authority, and authorize the
closing of such loans.
- Review organizational documents, appraisals, surveys and other
third party documents to ensure conformity with bank
- Analyze due diligence documentation and prepare necessary lien
perfection documents to protect banks security interest in pledged
- Accurately book and fund loans in a timely fashion.
- Assist in identifying and clearing any exceptions within the
appropriate time periods.
- Coordinate the issuance of letters of credit, including
renewals and amendments.
- Interact with underwriters, relationship managers, customers,
agent banks, attorneys, and insurance agents to ensure all
conditions are met for closing.
- Instruct new associates and serve as a training resource for
less experienced associates in the department.
- Manage a complex workload that includes multiple tasks and
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes
affecting compliance and attend seminars and workshops covering
regulatory and compliance issues.
- Perform Team Lead functions including departmental reporting,
development and maintenance of training material, resolving process
escalations, participation in audit work, and spearheading special
projects as needed.
- Maintain expert knowledge of lending processes, loan principles
and terminology related to banking laws and regulations, as they
pertain to loan disclosures and requirements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of consumer and commercial loan
documentation, collateral perfection, title insurance, UCC filing,
compliance requirements, lending policies and procedures, and
- Accountable for the end to end value chain for Small Business
Loan Operations. This includes associates directly managed by the
pod lead and an extended network of associates involved in loan
approvals, processing of loans and portfolio/ risk management
- Manage daily lending operations activities across the value
chain to ensure we are delivering expected customer and business
outcomes via daily standups, visual management, escalation to
senior leaders as required
- Perform regular analysis of results and subsequent drivers to
remediate performance gaps, identify and implement continuous
- Drive transformational improvements in the customer experience
- Partner cross-functionally with other regional pods within the
organization to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership
to effectively drive results
- Define goals, metrics and strategies for the team to ensure
alignment with changing customer and business needs
- Evaluate impacts that process changes have on the customer
- Collaborate with other regional pod leads to ensure
standardized delivery of work REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs of SBA closing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of banking or financial services
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in loan administration and
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience in a consumer,
mortgage, or commercial lending support role
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing people preferred For
further consideration regarding this and/or other opportunities
please inquire confidentially to email@example.com or call
916-850-2437. All inquiries held in strict confidence. Thank you
for your interest.
Keywords: MRINetwork Jobs, Walnut Creek , SBA Loan Closing Manager, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!