Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 12, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... The FWA Commercialization team
within the Home Readiness and Orchestration organization is looking
for a Manager with a passion for driving business intelligence that
helps our team to evaluate complex issues and make informed
decisions.We're looking for someone who can use data to craft
strategy and solutions to join our team. You'll analyze internal
and external data to help identify and quantify the potential of
new products, forecast sales, and provide decision support through
the life of the product.You'll partner with your internal clients
to understand what they need to know, and then design the research
plan to get answers. You'll also design new systems and programs to
unleash the power of big data as well asparticipate in forecasting,
lead projects, council teams and generate insights that will help
propel our business forward.
- Driving new product development and launches with data-driven
- Collaborating with others to identify analytic requirements and
devise the best possible solution.
- Analyzing complex operational, economic and accounting data to
quantify the competitive business segments and evaluate potential
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and
- Performing advanced analytics, modeling and data mining to
develop insights on our business.
- Monitoring performance and reporting ongoing and ad hoc metrics
in reports, presentations, and dashboards targeted to the situation
and audience.This hybrid role will have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the
manager.What we're looking for... You believe that proven data
should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person
but you also have a strategic approach. You bring both a business
perspective and an understanding of the marketplace-and not just
theory and numbers. You're energized by the challenge of building a
system that will turn data into insights, enabling the business to
make even smarter decisions. You're great at understanding and
analyzing business needs, and translating them into the technical
requirements to drive a research agenda. You have a knack for
understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and
practical insights so that people can understand.You'll need to
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product development or analytics experience in the technology
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development
- SQL, SQL, Editor for Oracle experience.
- Experience with statistical analysis, quantitative analysis,
forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, and
- Master's degree in a quantitative field. Ideally, an MBA.
- A self-starter, autonomous, proactive.
- Process oriented, yet adaptable to change.
- The ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced work
- Hadoop and Map/Reduce experience.
- Familiarity with data visualization software (e.g.,
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (ideally, Python or
- Business Intelligence Certification (CPBI).
- Home Services experience.
- Proven ability to build/utilize Excel pivots and macros,
Tableau, as well as Thoughtspot in an expedited fashion.
- High attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Strong blend of commercial and technical skills with the
ability to synthesize relevant information and make key decisions
to drive the business forward.
- Proven ability to present complex ideas and insights to a
variety of audiences including senior leaders.Notice(s) Verizon
will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance.Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Walnut Creek , Business Intelligence Manager, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!