Project Manager - Land Development
Company: Bkf Engineers
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: May 12, 2022
We are hiring a Project Manager in multiple offices!
BKF Engineers has an immediate opening -for a civil engineering
Project Manager specializing in land development-specific projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience with managing projects,
client communication, staff and business development -as well as be
able to plan, design and coordinate projects from beginning through
As a Project Manager, you -will represent BKF in all regular
communications with the client from initial effort, through the
entire course of agreement activity, and in post-agreement
marketing activities. Regular communication -with assigned BKF
Principal(s) -or Office Manager(s) is required and essential in
relation to project statuses and performances. You will be
responsible for managing the BKF project as a whole as well as all
of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience
and knowledge is expected to be in site development, grading,
utilities, and drainage design.
- Maintain ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional
-connections, and seek new project opportunities -with new and
- Be required to prepare technical sections of project proposals,
and participate in interview presentations.
- Be -responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and
controlling project team activities, including but not limited to;
reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work -as well as
defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Have primary responsibility for quality control and be the
primary client contact for each project.
- Be responsible for -setting goals, -evaluating staff
performance, and serving as a resource and mentor to less
experienced staff members.
- Be required to coordinate staff resources with other PM's and
Principals throughout -the company.
- Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing,
and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
- Be expected to meet or exceed group and individual performance
- Communicate project requirements to all team members.
- Commit resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders
relating to the project progress and clients directives within
- Provide input to group Principal regarding hiring, lay-offs
-and promotion of immediate staff. Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience preferred
- B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET
Accredited Curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing
- Must have a Professional Engineering license in the State of
- Significant experience managing site development, design
projects involving residential and/or commercial subdivisions,
roadways and utility systems. -Demonstrates capability to oversee
and manage staff of engineers. - Benefits
BKF offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. This
includes a signing bonus, competitive salaries, bonuses, profit
sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical,
dental, and vision plans. BKF also offers life insurance, long-term
disability, gym reimbursement, -flexible schedules, free coffee,
tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and
clubs. Annual Company Picnic at Six Flags with free admission for
employees and their families, Holiday Casino Party Luncheon and
Holiday Dinner Celebration. Employees also -have access to BKF's
corporate condo in Lake Tahoe
What makes BKF a great choice?
- The -chance to work on iconic Bay Area projects
- Awesome company culture
- Competitive -salary and performance bonuses
- Professional -development training and mentorship
- Company funded retirement plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee wellness program
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Flexible work policy and hybrid work schedule Workplace Awards:
- "Top Work Place" 2014 - 2020 by the Bay Area News Group -
- ZweigWhite "Best Firms To Work For" Top 100 in the U.S. 2014 -
- "Best Firm to Work for North Bay" North Bay Business Journal, 8
years in a row
- ENR 2017 California's -Design Firm of the Year BKF Engineers
provides engineering, surveying, and land planning services for
architects, commercial and residential developers, colleges and
universities, cities and counties, governmental agencies, hotels,
health care facilities, and large corporations. Headquartered in
the San Francisco Bay Area since 1915, the firm has 15 California
offices and 1 Oregon office employing 450 staff. Our project
experience includes corporate headquarters, office buildings,
healthcare facilities, sports facilities, hotels and resorts,
justice, public buildings, multi-family housing, educational
facilities, retail, industrial, parking, highways, roadways,
bridges, and light/heavy rail transit projects.
Redwood City. San Jose . San Francisco . Walnut Creek . Pleasanton
. Sacramento . Santa Rosa . Richmond . San Rafael . Oakland .
Newport Beach . Lathrop. Salinas. San Diego. -San Luis Obispo . San
Diego . Portland, OR
Keywords: Bkf Engineers, Walnut Creek , Project Manager - Land Development, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!