Company: Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their
fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision
for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around
the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of
diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply
your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work
that's critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Join a team that has the environment down to a science.Your
OpportunityStantec is seeking an Environmental/Remediation Engineer
to be located in Stantec's Walnut Creek, CA office. As an
Environmental Engineer, you will work on medium to large complex
projects dealing with site investigation, characterization, and
remediation activities, and as a team member under the guidance of
a senior engineer. You will participate in the evaluation of site
data and application of engineering principles to make remedial
decisions in collaboration with multiple stakeholders and experts
within the company. You will assist in verifying compliance with
applicable codes, regulations, and engineering
standards/practices.Your Key Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with senior engineers, geologists and
scientists to perform various aspects of environmental projects
including application of scientific principles and techniques to
collect and analyze data, assess the nature and extent and fate and
transport of chemical contamination in soil, groundwater, and soil
gas, and evaluate remedial technologies to mitigate chemical
- Prepare, organize, and coordinate production of assigned
sections of various deliverables such as work plans, site
investigation reports, remedial investigations, feasibility
studies, closure reports, and site drawings.
- Conduct field investigations and related activities as directed
by a senior engineer or geologist involving site inspections,
environmental monitoring, data collection (soil, groundwater, and
soil gas sampling), and oversight of subcontractors during
implementation of field investigations and operation, maintenance,
and monitoring of remediation systems.
- Assist with the design and implementation of remedial actions
for contaminated soil and groundwater including technology
screening, pilot testing, field demonstrations, and startup,
troubleshooting, and operation and maintenance activities for
- Assist with engineering duties including data analysis,
designs, and system operation and maintenance on projects of
- Support and in some cases lead onsite construction observation,
contractor coordination, and daily inspection reports.
- Assist with the review of contractor submittals, respond to
Requests for Information (RFIs), and as-built survey review.
- Develop an understanding of policies and procedures for Health,
Safety, Security, and the Environment (HSSE), including
client-specific training (as required). Your Capabilities and
- Ability to work independently and on a team in the field and
office environment to complete project activities and
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and
manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team
setting and engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to liaise between contractors and third parties
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner,
both in writing and in person, with clients, employees and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.Education and
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Chemical,
Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 - 4 years of environmental engineering experience.
- California Engineer-In-Training certification preferred.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certificationMust have a valid driver's
license and good driving record.Must pass a pre-employment drug
(and alcohol) screen.Baseline exam required for this position.This
description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other
duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be
changed at any time with or without notice.Stantec is a place where
the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do
exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Keywords: Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Walnut Creek , Environmental/Remediation Engineer, Engineering , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!