OSP Engineer - II
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Multiple OSP Engineer openings in South, Central and Northern
CA! If qualified and interested, please send your most updated
resume with a good contact phone number to OSP ENGINEER This
individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable
of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both
distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing
administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces
with OSP construction knowledge necessary for inspection of the
physical work product. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction
activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP
network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational
requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of
vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with
professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers,
municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and
operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes
intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend
forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to
confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final
design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced
unit quantities align with construction activities in the
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and
other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently
with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily
objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous
activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary
resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of
interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and
resolve urgent/complex issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering
principles within OSP job related functional area to include
general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation
and municipal permit application review.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and
Administrative) Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex
applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation,
ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and
well as GPON architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
Desire candidates with Engineering degree and/or 3+ years of
related experience in telecommunications. LOGISTICS:
- Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with some travel
required. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required
depending on business demands.
- Travel required within the local area for meeting and job site
visits. If qualified and interested, please send your most updated
resume with a good contact phone number to EEO EmployerApex Systems
is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by
Keywords: Apex Systems, Walnut Creek , OSP Engineer - II, Engineering , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!