Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 17, 2019
The Accountant is responsible for the proper and timely recording
of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Kaiser Permanente
policies, and internal control standards. Responsibilities include
analyzing account transactions, preparing account reconciliations,
resolving reconciling items, and preparing accounting statements
and reports. Works with accounting team members, departments, and
business units to resolve accounting matters. Develops solutions to
accounting problems of simple to moderate scope and complexity.
Reviews posting of automated, system-generated entries, ensures
functionality of automated interfaces to GL and contributes to
ongoing process and system improvements. Works under the direction
of Senior Accountants and Lead Senior Accountants.Essential
- Ensures proper and timely recording of financial transactions
in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP, Kaiser Permanente
policies and internal control standards.
- Prepares journal entries, including appropriate
- Ensures that general ledger and sub-ledger are reconciled and
reconciling items are resolved.
- Prepares account reconciliations and reviews with Senior
Accountant and Lead Senior Accountant.
- Prepares schedules, supporting documents, and variance analyses
for management and external auditors.
- Collects data, researches and contributes to variance
- Participates in month end close activities.
- Researches and resolves accounting issues and reconciling
- Researches technical accounting solutions for business issues
of simple to moderate complexity.
- Communicates issues and resolutions to management and affected
- Monitors work for proper internal controls and SOX requirements
and recommends improvements.
- Reviews posting of automated, system-generated entries.
- Ensures that automated interfaces to the general ledger are
functioning as intended.
- Identifies and communicates system problems to management.
- Utilizes tools such as system queries and downloads, Excel
functions (pivot tables and Vlookup) and Access database.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for change to improve
- Participates in productivity, system and process
- Maintains desktop procedures and manuals.
- Participates in departmental projects and initiatives.
- Participates effectively in a team environment.Basic
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in budgeting, accounting,
and financial management.Education
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, finance, or
accounting OR other bachelor's degree with four (4) years of
directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- N/AAdditional Requirements:
- Working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, and accounting
- Knowledge and ability to translate data into accurate financial
and management reports.
- Aptitude for numbers, organization skills and strong attention
- Flexibility to perform a variety of detailed accounting
functions and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to integrate data from multiple sources and determine
adequacy for financial reporting requirements for GAAP, Department
ofInsurance and Department of Managed Health Care.
- Ability to build good internal relationships within the
department and across department lines.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet
- Ability to assist with SOX compliance related to assigned
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word)
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Health care or managed care experience.
- Experience in high volume processing centers.
- Ability to successfully navigate a matrix organization.
- Database (Access) skills.Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: AccountantLOCATION: Oakland,
CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 840946External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Walnut Creek , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!