Director of Finance and Accounting
Company: USC Auxiliary Services - Executive Staff
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Please review the page for more details regarding your rights and
obligations as a job candidate.USC Auxiliary Services, one of the
largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is
focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes,
faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through
our innovative services, our six central business units (USC
Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the
USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively
create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists,
filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works
tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we
are driven to succeed by our commitment to USCs core values.The
Finance & Accounting team creates the framework for all financial
activity for USC Auxiliary Services. Finance & Accounting maintains
the fiscal integrity of all finances and works closely with the
business units to insure proper controls, policies and procedures
are in place to protect the assets of the University. We are a team
of analytical thinkers, problem solvers and spirited Trojans. With
a unit as large as Auxiliary Services, no task is too big, or too
small, for our team!We are seeking a Director of Finance &
Accounting to join our rapidly growing team.The Opportunity:As our
Director of Finance & Accounting, you will be the command center,
managing and guiding our entire team to continued success. Drawing
on your years of expertise and your diverse knowledge base, you
will oversee all business functions for our Finance and Accounting.
Our future is in your hands, and we hope youre up to the
- Develops analytical tools and key performance indicators to
report on the Auxiliary Services businesses across key operational
- Key stakeholder for the development of data-driven budget and
projection processes across all Auxiliary Services businesses.
- Brings analytical approaches to the budget and planning
process, gathering and maintaining critical internal operational
buy-in to holding the business accountable to those budgeted KPIs
- Partners with operational management to lead and develop the
annual budget, monthly projection, and ad hoc analysis and projects
- Develops and maintains financial models, analyses and
justifications for capital projects and investments in new
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with all Auxiliary
Services departmental policies and service procedures, both from an
accounting and finance perspective.
- Follows up on open items to completion with minimal supervision
- Serves as a liaison and maintains strong relationships with key
internal University personnel for special projects and ad-hoc
analysis, as needed.
- Mentors and manages key Auxiliary Services Finance and
Accounting personnel in their professional development, ensuring
that the team reaches its fullest potential within their
- Expands the role of finance within Auxiliary Services by
delivering quality analysis, insights and actionable results,
ensuring that Finance is a trusted business partner with Auxiliary
Services operations, and an integral part of the USC
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The
University reserves the right to add or change duties at any
- Education: Bachelors Degree.
- Experience: 7 years.
- Directly related program management experience.
- Expert knowledge of field.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and University
laws and policies.
- Understanding of budget, marketing, and public relations
strategies.What We Prefer:
- Masters Degree.
- 10 years of directly related experience.
- USC Auxiliary Services experience.The Trojan Family Rewards:We
pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that
begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and
programs that support our staff and their families including:
- :dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees
and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1
retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000
housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service
organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
(PSLF) for educational loans. Dont believe us? Visit
- : discounts toUSCsporting events,USCBookstores, wireless plans,
travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los
Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple
fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and
previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless
professional network.This support advocates work-life balance and
employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are
connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be
Trojans!As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives
on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its
members.USC has great minds that transform the world with their
talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!FIGHT ON!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education
as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 7 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related accounting experience
including supervision or management in a large private university
Keywords: USC Auxiliary Services - Executive Staff, Walnut Creek , Director of Finance and Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!