Director FP&A and Treasury
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 14, 2023
The Director FP&A and Treasury will work closely with
Heffernan Group, and all affiliated entities, across the US and UK
to perform financial analysis, design, and prepare financial plans
and budgets, and analyze, interpret, and communicate financial
information to management. This role is responsible for budgeting,
management reporting, definition and monitoring of key metrics,
sales and operational analysis, and the programs, systems, and
policies that support them. This role will also be responsible for
the determination of cash requirements, cash concentration,
short-term cash investments and maintenance of appropriate cash
flow. This role will establish short-term borrowing needs and
recommend short-term investing initiatives. This role will also
prepare and analyze department reports, financial accounting
records, cash flow analysis, credit agreement compliance and
projections.Responsibilities Include:The Director of FP&A and
Treasury will be responsible for creating and formalizing the role
of FP&A and Treasury for Heffernan Group.FP&A
- Partner with branch managers and business leaders to drive
strategic initiatives influencing business decisions and by
providing proactive recommendations, backed by strong business and
- Deliver monthly/quarterly analyses of financial results
including BvA variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks and
business drivers are understood and proactively highlighted.
- Drive improvements in reporting, analytics, and dashboards to
support business leadership decision making and implement best
practices related to various ad hoc analyses; partner with data
team on Tableau buildout.
- Lead Build and maintain full year budgets and quarterly
forecasts; support the company-wide annual and long-range planning
- Partner with Accounting on monthly close activities such as
headcount, customer, and vendor trend reviews; support commissions
calculations and reporting, analytics and support annual comp plan
- Monthly and quarterly financial packages: strategic analysis of
financial and operating performance including trends, business
drivers, and variance analysis.
- Develop and continually improve sales and customer metrics
- Participate in ERP implementation to identify improved
reporting and implement best practices.
- Drive ad-hoc projects and analysis to support the company's
- Preparation of the Board materials. Treasury Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain bank account structures.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend fiscal policies.
- Responsible for liquidity management of all entities.
- Continually optimize company's investment portfolio.
- Develop and prepare cash forecast.
- Manage all relationships with financial institutions supporting
company's cash management operations.
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest
short-term excess cash; manage inter-company cash including
inter-company lending, dividends, and capital
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Finance, Economics, or
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years' experience in managing a team.
- Minimum eight years' experience in Investment Banking, Private
Equity or FP&A at a High Growth Startup or Public Company.
- Experience in creating, transforming, and building a
- Ability to create a vision and strategy for the new
- Strong understanding and substantial knowledge of complex
financial modeling, GAAP accounting, and FP&A and Treasury best
- Knowledge of cash management principles.
- Knowledge of banking systems and processes.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work in situations with shifting priorities,
tight deadlines, and able to thrive in a fast-paced
- Highly motivated, curious, hard-working team player with a
positive attitude is required.
- Must have effective communication skills, with an ability to
distill and articulate complex data to drive business decisions.
Experience presenting analyses to management and an ability to lead
and drive initiatives preferred.
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Office platform - notably
- Experience with NetSuite, Financial Planning tools, and
Analytics tools (Looker, Tableau, SQL, etc.) a plus.
- A self-starter with outstanding analytical, problem-solving,
and organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate with team
- Must embody the Heffernan Habits as illustrated
herein.Compensation:The salary range for this position is $170,000
to $230,000. The offer will depend on the geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.
This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary
annual incentive program. Heffernan offers a comprehensive benefits
package; more details on which can be found at
https://www.heffins.com/about-us/careers .Heffernan Habits
(Expectations):These are practices that represent our unique
- Smooth The Path And Be Respectful - Being respectful of one
another is critical to developing and maintaining strong
relationships. We are in this together as a team.
- Do Good - This is our core. We strive to do good for our
clients, our company and our communities.
- Know Your Clients And Foster Relationships - Take the time to
listen and learn. Build, maintain, and enhance the connections you
make every day.
- Have Fun - Take the time to get to know your colleagues and
let's have fun! If we are happy and connected, we all will do a
better job for our clients.
- Answer The Phone (And Email) - Be available and responsive to
clients and colleagues.
- Be Humble And Own It - We all make mistakes - what's important
is that we take ownership for our mistakes and learn from them.
Humility shows a willingness to learn and improve.
- Celebrate And Value Our Differences - We strive to be
non-traditional. We all come from different backgrounds. Be open.
Listen to others stories and experiences. Make an effort to not
only include, but connect. -Working Conditions:
- Work environment may be indoors, sitting at a desk or standing
for extended periods of time.
- Daily use of computers, keyboard, mouse, headset, printers, and
other commonly used office equipment.
- This position will require flexibility to work hours outside of
a regular schedule. Intermittent remote work is an option, however
domestic travel regularly to branch offices, in addition to
occasional conferences and events is necessary.
Keywords: Heffins, Walnut Creek , Director FP&A and Treasury, Accounting, Auditing , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...