Credit Analyst II - Specialty
Company: City National Bank
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: March 26, 2020
This position will sit within City National Bank's Food & Beverage
Group ("F&B") within the Specialty Banking division. F&B
originates, closes and monitors direct and private-equity-backed
transactions nationally by providing cash flow, asset-backed, and
asset-based loans > $25.0 million to support companies that
operate in the food and beverage sector. This role is within
F&B's Credit function, whose primary mandate is to underwrite
new transactions and manage existing exposure. At this level,
employees are developing credit analysis skills, acquiring
fundamental principles of corporate finance, learning bank policies
and practices, and becoming familiar with relevant banking laws and
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related
- Minimum 3 years of credit analysis experience required.
- Minimum3 years of experience in a banking or financial services
- Support due diligence efforts, including analyzing confidential
information memoranda, lender presentations, complex raw data and
financial statements provided by private equity firms, investment
banks and/or prospective borrowers.
- Run dynamic 3-statement financial models with 2-3 sensitization
cases and detailed, supporting assumptions.
- Facilitate the preparation of approval documents, including
specific qualitative and quantitative content around the company,
industry and transaction.
- Spread historical financial statements and analyze and explain
the pertinent trends/drivers.
- Liaise with Loan Administration to satisfy pertinent
compliance-related requirements pertaining to entities, owners
- Gain exposure to external constituents (e.g. legal counsel,
appraisers, field examiners, accounting firms, etc.) as well as all
aspects of the new deal process (e.g. indicative term sheet,
proposal letter, due diligence, lender meetings, commitment letter,
credit agreement, loan closing, etc.)
- Prepare approval documents for amendments, consents, and
waivers, including clearly articulating the background, request,
- Shadow legal documentation.
- Spread historical financial statements, reconcile compliance
certificates, and identify abnormalities for follow-up.
- Prepare quarterly trend cards and annual reviews, each focused
on exposure levels, risk ratings, financial trends, and post-close
modifications for each portfolio account.
- Satisfy ongoing Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review
deliverables for each portfolio account.
- Communicate with the Agent, private equity firms and/or
management from time-to-time as portfolio-related deliverables
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered
for this position you must at least meet the basic
City National Bank is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not
pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for
candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Walnut Creek , Credit Analyst II - Specialty, Accounting, Auditing , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!